Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Randy D
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » How can right-wing Christians get behind Trump when the Pope has said he is a bad man?

How can right-wing Christians get behind Trump when the Pope has said he is a bad man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSu2pKMbqBI

This tape is so good, I am congratulating myself here.

Posted - July 17, 2016

Responses

Oh, not all of them are Catholic. It's the Born-again, Baptists and Evangelicals that are the most loony anyway. Not to say that there aren't loony Catholics too.
      July 17, 2016 4:06 PM MDT

You mean you can be Christian and not recognize THE POPE?  Since when?  

Maybe I am totally out there on this one.   I know Mormons don't accept him.  LOL

Writing on his diocesan website, Bishop Thomas Tobin accused Francis of being fond of “making a mess” and stated that the Synod voting concept “struck [him] as being rather Protestant.” A funny argument, since Catholic bishops have been voting on key issues since the Council of Nicaea in 325, but that’s beside the point. Tobin seems to be suggesting that with Francis at the helm, the Catholic Church is no longer acting like the Catholic Church.

Over at The New York Times, columnist Ross Douthat, a convert to Roman Catholicism, warned that Francis’s current path could “eventually lead to real schism.” With the threat of schism hanging in the air he then encourages a kind of rebellion: “True Catholics,” he writes, must “resist” the Pope’s pressure to change the Church.

July 17, 2016 4:08 PM MDT

Mormons, for one, yeah. A lot of non-Catholic christians think Catholics are out to lunch. If you're not part of the Catholic church, there's no reason to take what he says as coming straight from God. Even Catholics don't take him as infallible anymore, as I understand it.
      July 17, 2016 4:12 PM MDT

US Christians only listen to the pope when he say what they want to hear. When he do not they are proud of being protestant rebels who cast off the Catholic yoke.

July 17, 2016 4:24 PM MDT

Since the reformation.

July 17, 2016 4:26 PM MDT

I not Catholic.. I don't care what the Pope has to say. This is the Pope who said build bridges not walls from inside his walled country.....lol
      July 17, 2016 5:44 PM MDT

Only Catholics listen to the Pope.  Christians who combine right wing politics with their religion usually aren't Catholic so they don't care what the Pope says.

July 17, 2016 6:06 PM MDT

I am not behind any politician personally..

But i will say the pope is catholic and the catholic religion is not Christian   So true Christians will not follow the pope anyway..

July 17, 2016 8:46 PM MDT

Rpf, there is one thing he IS infallible about, that is that Trump is a schlump.

July 17, 2016 8:56 PM MDT

Jakob.  EXACTLY.

Especially the Catholics.  They think they can buy things like marriage annulments, and build their own churches when they disagree with the letter of the Catholic Law via Mel Gibson. 

July 17, 2016 8:57 PM MDT

He is not walled up.  He spends most of his time traveling.  So, that is not fair.  He took the time to defame Trump.  That is a big stand.  They never say a word like that.  Even the Pope knows this chump is a Hitler in the making.  Don't shoot the messenger.

July 17, 2016 8:58 PM MDT

ADAM,

The Catholic religion is most certainly Christian.  What planet are you from? 

Jesus Christ himself made St. Peter the first Pope.  He called Peter the rock and stated 'Upon this Rock I shall build my church' according to Christian teachings = Catholic teachings.

Catholics?    They are the original Christians.  The Apostles built the first church honoring Jesus, namely St. Peter the Apostle.  If you are a follower of Jesus, which Peter was, ( one of the very FIRST of the 12), you are a Christian.  And while there are Christians that are not Catholic, there are no Catholics that are not Christians.   

And, finally,  the Pope and all of Jesus' teachings  are the foundation of the Catholic Christian Church.  Period.

So, don't make things up.  I went to Catholic school for 9 years.   I certainly  know Catholic teachings.  Through and through.

Just because they got a bad rap on the news this last decade or so, doesn't mean the whole church is UNCHRISTIAN any more than any religion can be judged merely because they don't fit your expectations.    You are not even Catholic, so where do you get off judging the whole populous. 

July 17, 2016 9:00 PM MDT

Vatican City is a walled country. A country that allows NO immigration. That is where he lives. He does not travel that much....2015 about 10 trips 40 days total....that leaves about 90% of the year at home in his walled country.
      July 17, 2016 9:04 PM MDT

I am from planet earth and i am a Christian i became a Christian when i was in my early 20's and i converted to Christianity from catholicism, I renounced the religion of catholicism to become a Christian..

the catholic cult did not come into existence until the contender for the roman throne Constantine decided to make a play to gain support from the Christian community by proclaiming that God told him in a vison to fight under the sign of christianity.. Of course Jesus made it clear to His followers to love even their enemies so any Christian at the time worth their salt would have immediately known that Constantine was either lying about his vision or that his vision came from some other source but God..

I went to a catholic nunnery convent school for 7 years and a catholic Marist brothers High school / college for 4 years i served as an Altar boy for 10 years and went to mass every sunday ..  The catholic church is constantine harlot church.. It's fruit down the centuries has time and time again proven this..

July 17, 2016 9:08 PM MDT

• The similarities are obvious....bigoted,racist,oblivious to their

own moronic statements,,hypocrites,lack basic human empathy..etc

Right-wing religious nut jobs have forgotten "Separation of church and state."

July 17, 2016 11:53 PM MDT

If I asked this question wouldn't you answer it like this?

Who cares? 

Do all Indians smoke a peace pipe?

Do all blacks worship Obeya man?

Do all Christians have the same rituals?   Do you all go to church on Sundays? 

Why bring this up?   All Muslims are no different than ALL Anyone else.  Some do and some do not.

What the heck difference does it make to you?  You cannot even understand your own religion and now you want to know about a religion you could never comprehend?   Get real.

Doesn't it come across as a little disrespectful and immature when you get one of your type of rants as an answer to your own question? 

http://answermug.com/forum/topics/have-muslims-really-made-a-ritual...

Reply by DJAM-RONA Nuka Quantum Cola 

Who cares? 

Do all Indians smoke a peace pipe?

Do all blacks worship Obeya man?

Do all Christians have the same rituals?   Do you all go to church on Sundays? 

Why bring this up?   All Muslims are no different than ALL Anyone else.  Some do and some do not.

What the heck difference does it make to you?  You cannot even understand your own religion and now you want to know about a religion you could never comprehend?   Get real.

July 18, 2016 1:17 AM MDT

TexasLOL

I am so proud of you.  You actually listen to me.  This has come about despite the fact that I have stopped listening to you eons ago.   The chief difference in your answers and mine are that mine are ORIGINAL.  

I respect you in the sense that you are a human and deserve every consideration human beings deserve.  It does not mean I have to kiss your hiney when you don't have the sense God gave a goose.

I don't respect idiocy.  I don't respect ramming your God opinions down someone's throat with tons of Bible passages no one reads and obviously ones you have no idea what they mean either.

July 18, 2016 12:11 PM MDT