Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » How do people survive when they cant find work and qualify for nothing also?

How do people survive when they cant find work and qualify for nothing also?

I used to work in resorts and had to leave cause of two hip implants and a knee surgery, ever since then im finding it hard to get employed, I cant do walk around jobs cause of my knee and i cant find sit down work either, i qualify for nothing, cant get ssi or welfare money cause i dont have kids, dont have family to take me in either, my parents are gone. its crazy, this has been going on for 4 1/2 yrs,  lately, ive been going back to school which might help me get employed later but thats not the only reason im doing it, i also get to live on financial aid which gives me some kind of income. but that can only last so long, any suggestions?

Posted - July 17, 2016

Responses

Sorry I have no helpful suggestions but I do hope the best for you. Cheers!
      July 17, 2016 11:20 PM MDT

• school sounds good. is there a vocational rehab in your area that may help with the financial aid part of things?

i know it can be daunting, but you've made it this far. you've had two hip implants! ohmygoodness... you can survive very well, and that should count for something.

it's hard getting aid for school and living when having to rehabilitate. you need resources. i'd find out what resources are within your reach. i'd hound everyone for information.

i wish you the very best.

July 17, 2016 11:24 PM MDT

You only qualify for a sit-down job or a moving-around job if you can use a wheelchair.  Tell an employer your limitations but don't embellish.  Many jobs that demand you move around can be done in a wheelchair.  If they ask for something from your doctor, he would probably be able to back you up on your disability.  Why have you failed to achieve SSID or SSD (if you have enough work credits) status? Good luck. 

July 18, 2016 12:50 PM MDT

i cant get help from ovr, i did get financial aid from fafsa, thats what im living on

July 18, 2016 1:43 PM MDT

not sure why i cant get it, i just cant

July 18, 2016 1:43 PM MDT

They file unemployment and pray

July 18, 2016 1:44 PM MDT

Become a Politician and run for president 

July 18, 2016 2:16 PM MDT

Malachi 3:10
    "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this," says the LORD of hosts, "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows.

If I were you I would pray what God wants you to do. I would put God first, I would take 10% and give it to a gospel preaching organization. You will see God will bless you if you FIRST give to him. I can't tell you how much he has blessed me.

""My own will never beg for bread."

Can you start an organization? A service? Sell online? Go back to school, Adult school or  take a loan for college?

July 18, 2016 2:42 PM MDT

I was young with two small kids. My husband decided to move in with a girl he met at the store. I had a part time job making $400 a month. I prayed to God to give me wisdom. He told me in my heart, and in the Bible to put God first in everything even my money, so I did. I gave 10 % to the church which was going to make me low on my rent in 3 weeks. But in the Bible, book of Micah, it says "I challenge you to trust me, give me your first and I will pour down heaven for you" so I trusted him. After 2 weeks I received a knock on my door. A lady that I had given a ride to visit her friend in a nursing home a couple of times had died she said, and she wanted to give me all the money from the gift she had inherited from her friend $22,000. I could pay my rent. God never fails us...I have challenged God by putting all my eggs in Jesus basket. It was the right basket!

Views: 45

July 18, 2016 2:46 PM MDT

• study hard. network at school. keep pushing. i want to see you rise above it. it's possible. you deserve it.

July 18, 2016 5:11 PM MDT

thanks

July 18, 2016 6:39 PM MDT

i try

July 18, 2016 6:39 PM MDT

ive been on unemployment but you can only be on it so long

July 18, 2016 6:40 PM MDT

no thanks, id rather be out of work

July 18, 2016 6:40 PM MDT

im in school now, thats how i survive, with financial aid, god told me to go back to school

July 18, 2016 6:41 PM MDT

the pastore at the church at the salvation army was talking about tithing sunday

July 18, 2016 6:42 PM MDT

School is great! I would still put God first because he will bless you if you do.

July 19, 2016 12:47 AM MDT

Maybe God is trying to get your attention? I have many friends. The ones who tithe are doing great the ones who don't struggle. God doesn't need your money but he wants to be first in your life.

July 19, 2016 12:49 AM MDT