Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do certain sounds make you an emotional wreck, or quickly calm you?

Do certain sounds make you an emotional wreck, or quickly calm you?

What sounds drive those feelings in you? 

Posted - May 26, 2017

Responses

I am pretty laid back about sounds... don't mind babies crying, kids being noisy, people humming, whistling etc.. We are having building work carried on directly outside our office.. my colleague is triggered by this.. but it truly doesn't worry me.. 

As to soothing.. a cat's purring is pretty neat.. I go to sleep most nights to the sound of a big white cat with a purr like a motorbike engine... the happiness he feels at being close to me soothes me :)
      May 27, 2017 2:20 AM MDT

the sound of someone calling my name always causes me an emotional distress, the sound of the pouring rain always calms me down.
      May 27, 2017 10:31 PM MDT

they can drive me crazy, my neighbors always standing outside my door talking loud drives me nuts, and so do the construction guys with their trucks moving back and going beep beep beep all day long, i was in school and i couldnt get good grades cause i needed to study and noone would let me, now i cant go to school cause of it,it stinks
      May 29, 2017 3:35 PM MDT