Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Think of two people who have vastly opposing opinions of you: one thinks you're great and the other thinks you're terrible.

Think of two people who have vastly opposing opinions of you: one thinks you're great and the other thinks you're terrible.

What is at least ONE simple piece of information about you that each of them lacks, thereby feeding their impressions of who you are? You may state more than one piece of information if you like.

~

Posted - July 18, 2016

Responses

I can't...everyone thinks I'm a jerk.

July 18, 2016 7:18 AM MDT

Hello Randy:

Here's the simplest and clearest piece I could think of..   The 5th Amendment begins with the words, "No PERSON shall be held...."  I believe the word person means person..  Right wingers, on the other hand, think the word person means citizen.  The people who agree with me, think I'm wonderful..  Those who don't, don't.

excon

July 18, 2016 7:28 AM MDT

You don't count then. You may be excused.

~
      July 18, 2016 8:41 AM MDT

We'll wait.

~
      July 18, 2016 8:42 AM MDT

One may not know the person as much as the other knows him or her. or it's a personality clash. Or a complete lack of understanding.

July 18, 2016 2:09 PM MDT

• Are you some kind of therapist now?

July 18, 2016 2:11 PM MDT

•   July 18, 2016 2:11 PM MDT

If you know one thing about me.  You know.  I don't care.  So?

NO. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaGUr6wzyT8

July 18, 2016 2:17 PM MDT

Lol, sure, let's go with that theory.

Dr. RD: So, Mr. Bromide, how does that make you feel?
    Mr. B: Listen, pal, I don't know what makes a half-cocked loon like you think he's qualified to analyze or help people, and I'm equally confused as to what I'm even doing here.
    Dr. RD: I see. And what are the roots of all these deeply-set hostilities that you harbor?
    Mr. B: Hostilities? HOSTILITIES??? Why you . . . I ought to show you what hostilities I have harbored, I can give you a front-row seat!
    Dr. RD: And how you justify having internalized all of that repressed venom for so long?
    Mr. B: You're crazy, you know that? You should be the one on this couch and I should be sitting there scribbling in that book. Hey, what are you writing about me anyway?
    Dr. RD: What do you want me to write about you?
    Mr. B: Nothing, you dime-a-dozen hack!
    Dr. RD: Do you mean nothing at all, or the absence of something?
    Mr. B: You cut out all that double talk, do you hear me?
    Dr. RD: Do you hear yourself, that's the true question.
    Mr. B: I don't know where you get off talking to me like I'm some nut!
    Dr. RD: Go with that, go with that.
    Mr. B: If you think I'm going to pay you for this "session", you're the looney one.
    Dr. RD: Interesting. Please go on.
    Mr. B: You smug types really get me, you need to know that. I've dealt with your kind before. Nothing but stuffed shirts with meaningless degrees and useless vocabularies.
    Dr. RD: How do you feel about that?
    Mr. B: "How do you feel about that?" Is that all you know how to ask?
    Dr. RD: Would you prefer I asked something different? Something less threatening, perhaps?
    Mr. B: That's it, I'm out of here! Bye, quack.
    Dr. RD: Do you see the symbolism of your walking out?
    Mr. B: Just tell the receptionist to validate my parking, you faker.
    Dr. RD: Did you just call me a faker?
    Mr. B: We both know I want to say something else, be glad that's all it was.
    Dr. RD: And how does that make you feel?
    Mr. B: You're nothing but a broken record. See you next week.
    Dr. RD: Yes, same time, same place.

:)
      July 18, 2016 8:09 PM MDT

Thank you.

July 19, 2016 11:10 AM MDT

You lost me at Dr. RD...I guess I AM a jerk.

July 19, 2016 11:12 AM MDT