Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Has any sports hero fallen so low as O.J. Simpson? Has anyone come close? How the mighty have fallen. Why does it happe ?

Has any sports hero fallen so low as O.J. Simpson? Has anyone come close? How the mighty have fallen. Why does it happe ?

Posted - May 30, 2017

Responses

Sonny Liston, before the mob killed him.

In many cases, they can't cope with life after stardom. In others, they're a$$holes whose proclivities the public is prepared to overlook while they're rooting fir them, then pour tgeir scorn on them for the same activity after their sporting careers are over. Juice was never a paragon at the best of times.
      May 30, 2017 7:41 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply Sbf. Geez I didn't know that Liston's death was the result of a mob hit! :) I remember Juice in a commercial for an airline I think. Running in an airport and jumping over chairs/seats? That was then. :
      June 20, 2017 3:34 AM MDT

• Athletes are not some special breed of person. They are subject to the same short comings and failings as everyone.  A celebrity's failings are just more widely published.
      May 30, 2017 9:28 AM MDT

True dat. Thank you for your reply whistle! :)
      June 20, 2017 3:35 AM MDT

i dont think anyone knows why it happens
      May 30, 2017 11:59 AM MDT

• I cannot think of anyone who rivals him for savagery and amorality. There men are worshipped by fans and develop colossal egos. Some of them imagine that they are veritable gods. Some celebrities have managed to evade justice for vicious actions.
      June 19, 2017 11:31 AM MDT

Money and fame can buy you anything including freedom. SIGH. Thank you for your reply SZ! :)
      June 20, 2017 3:35 AM MDT