Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are human beings such animals the only time different ones get along is when there is an outside threat like a fox is to the chickens and

Are human beings such animals the only time different ones get along is when there is an outside threat like a fox is to the chickens and

the ducks?

Posted - May 30, 2017

Responses

• Sadly, yes. It's amazing the extent to which humans show their fundamentally animal nature. We may be able to philosophize, create transcendent art, and build nanotechnology...but when it comes to our fears and getting along with others, we're just scared little chickens and ducks. 
      May 30, 2017 9:12 AM MDT

Ah, part of the "big secret" emerges. 
      May 30, 2017 9:37 AM MDT

Nope  not at all, i don't know how it is where you come from,but in my world we all seem to get on most of the time... most of us are sane, reasonable and reasoning and treat others as we would wish to be treated.. makes for a much better world.. \i seriously hope things aren't quite as bad as you are suggesting where you are.
      May 30, 2017 10:12 AM MDT

In the sense that it takes an outside threat to draw a nation, or a region, or people/nations with common enemies together...yes.  But the act of coming together is itself an act of division among people, as we only join forces with some for the purpose of fighting others.  

May 30, 2017 10:20 AM MDT

maybe
      May 30, 2017 11:54 AM MDT