Discussion » Questions » Relationships » How can someone with anxiety feel they'd be a good match with someone?

How can someone with anxiety feel they'd be a good match with someone?

I've had some wonderful thoughts on relationships here, and how to take dating just one step at a time, and not to put pressure on me or anything when seeking love. It has helped me to ease my mind a bit, as I've never dated, and I'm very grateful to ppl of AM for their open thoughts on how a guy should be ok with any abuse I've had in my past ( a lot, as in nearly my whole life). Yet I still find my mind thinking , you have anxiety about many things, who would want to BE or stay with you? I wonder if anyone here has had anxiety affect their life, particularly with dating or love, and how  you maybe changed your subconscious to believing you were somehow Ok and a match for someone?

Posted - May 31, 2017

Responses

Hi Baybreeze, since I've not been in your shoes, I dunno how to respond, I just know that you must be cautious,  let reason rule emotion and weigh the pros and cons logically and dissect every encounter, think practically, I just wish you won't be in a turmoil, here's a motivating quote;))
      May 31, 2017 11:35 PM MDT

Thank you V; I love that quote and I'm glad you posted it .. *hug
      June 1, 2017 8:55 PM MDT

you might find a guy someday with the same issues you have
      June 1, 2017 3:34 PM MDT

Ty Pearl; I appreciate your words of kindness and confidence :)
      June 1, 2017 7:41 PM MDT