Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Genres. Entertainment. There are many forms and emotions. Your FAVE?

Genres. Entertainment. There are many forms and emotions. Your FAVE?

Drama
Comedy
Dramady
Fantasy
Historical
Scientific Fact
Science Fiction
Lighthearted, happy endings
Heavyhearted, sad endings
Subtle
Slapstick
Intelligent
Dumb or Dumber
Loving
Hate-filled
Kind
Mean
Cruel
Tragic
Memorable  
Haunting
Absurd
Insulting

How do you want to feel and what do you want to think afterward?   

Posted - June 1, 2017

Responses

i like drama and comedy
      June 1, 2017 3:25 PM MDT

For reading - sf and fantasy, it's escapism I suppose. I can let my imagination run wild.
    Music - classic Rock mostly, but my tastes are eclectic. Anything from Bach to KISS. The only genre I really can't stand is rap.
    Movies and TV - comedy. Make me laugh. I'm not a fan of fantasy and sf movies because portraying it on screen takes imagination out of the equation and renders the genre completely pointless. I also keep up with current affairs and the fluctuating fortunes of my favourite football team. Yes, I yell at the umpires on TV.
      June 1, 2017 7:07 PM MDT

Thanks Sbf for a better-than-swell reply. I appreciate it. Did you ever see the movie  "CHARLIE" with  Cliff Robertson? Many years ago it was. It was based on a short scifi story titled "Flowers for Algernon" by Daniel Keyes. After all these years it still haunts me. To be sure it was a very small scifi story. Nothing big and extravagant and grand. Very small but still a favorite of mine because of the storyline. I agree with thee that once something is put on screen it is very limiting. You see things through the eyes of the people making the movie whereas when you read it you are the one who controls how you perceive it. Not constrained by any outside forces. I like jazz and classical music. I like movies that stay with me..even if they are sad. I like movies that make me think. Movies that can be interpreted in a variety of ways.  Movies based on historical fact. I always Google the subject of such movies to see how close the movie was  to reality. I love to laugh but I think I enjoy being thoughtful more. By that I mean having to replay and rethink what I saw and trying to understand/figure out/make it relevant to my life. "Schindler's List" was both heartbreaking and uplifting. Based on reality what is better than that?  I loved "Singin' in the Rain". A perfect lightheartedly romp with very talented performers.  I don't like scary/bloody/gory/dumb movies. I know. Dumb is relative. Isn't everything? Happy Friday my friend. I got your message and I could not access it. I clicked on the link you provided but nothing happened. I did ask a question about loneliness and presidents. Does your link have to do with that? :) Forget what I just wrote. I  went to my messages and accessed from that link and it came up! OMG! What a wealth of brilliant observation. I don't know where to begin with all of that. Could you post that on Answermug i so that EVERYONE could see it? Maybe in a link they could click on! It took my breath away. It also made me want to barf! :(  Doofus Donny has that effect on me! :( This post was edited by RosieG at June 2, 2017 2:52 AM MDT
      June 2, 2017 2:45 AM MDT

Kinda. He's the most mocked man on the planet. Here it is again, maybe it will work from here:
    http://lithub.com/rebecca-solnit-the-loneliness-of-donald-trump/
      June 2, 2017 2:48 AM MDT

Thanks sweetie.  I tried to access it at first from a different place. Once I clicked on my "messages" there it was and here it is again. I so recommend that EVERY non-Doofus Donny supporter   click on it and read it. It is staggering in a very profound way. SIGH. :(
      June 2, 2017 2:54 AM MDT