Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Emotions cause you to be happy/sad/in-between. Would you give up all of them to feel nothing? Why?

Emotions cause you to be happy/sad/in-between. Would you give up all of them to feel nothing? Why?

Posted - June 2, 2017

Responses

Yes...I am almost there. Live long  and prosper.
      June 2, 2017 7:32 AM MDT

I've been watching old Star Trek episodes and I think that guy is the most emotional character on the whole show.  Who are they kidding?   He is white knuckling his emotions and probably has Vulcan ulcers. 
      June 2, 2017 7:37 AM MDT

You cannot get rid of emotions.  They are part and parcel of our makeup.   So, you can rise above your emotions and redirect how your body feels about things that you think, but you cannot take the feeling out of the thinking.  

There is a level you reach when you realize that you can shut off your thinking mind.  But that only allows for inner awareness and truth to pour in.   We can be totally alive, totally vital and not think or react to how we feel. 

But it is still THERE.  It still exists.  We just handle how we behave regarding it.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 2, 2017 7:36 AM MDT
      June 2, 2017 7:33 AM MDT

Our feelings and ability to empathise with others is what make us human and humane.. so no I will keep my feelings and remain human I think :)
      June 2, 2017 9:37 AM MDT

No, I would not give them up to feel nothing.  To feel nothing is to be dead inside and I wouldn't want to live like that.  Yes, life has ups and downs and we appreciate the ups because of the downs.  We are able to make comparisons.  Happy Friday, Rosie. :)
      June 2, 2017 10:28 AM MDT

• Not no, but Hell no. Without emotions, passion and feeling you are dead as a sack of hammers.
      June 2, 2017 11:19 AM MDT

no, i think emotions are good for you
      June 2, 2017 2:56 PM MDT