Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Desperation/Fear of being found out causes the guilty to do terrible things to save their a**es. Ever been THAT desperate? When?

Desperation/Fear of being found out causes the guilty to do terrible things to save their a**es. Ever been THAT desperate? When?

Posted - June 3, 2017

Responses

no, i dont get that desperate cause i dont do stuff like that
      June 3, 2017 1:24 PM MDT

I've been in situations that I tried like heck to get out of because I did not want to face the music.  It's called growing up and learning right from wrong and what matters.

Of course.

It hurts.  I am glad it hurt so I never thought to pursue the dark side.   I like having peace of mind.  I like having people like me because I earned it.
      June 3, 2017 1:30 PM MDT

The only thing I have experienced in the past is regretting spending time with people who aren't my cuppa tea. Sometimes you commit yourself to something/someone because it isn't that easy to say "no thank you, I'm not interested". Saying no is a lot harder than saying yes. But as the time would get closer the anxiety level would build and I would be perfectly miserable. Sometimes I found ways to get out of it.. The most desperate thing I've ever done is move because a guy I was dating wouldn't take "no" for an answer when I finally got to that point. Fortunately he lived  several hours' drive away so I found another apartment, planned the move and moved without telling him one week day. Never saw him again. The jerk and I had the same dentist and the dentist mentioned him to me one day. Said the guy was irate and angry etcetera. The dentist was a family friend so I told him why I had split so dramatically and he never brought it up again. The jerk was a special case of creepy. I haven't had any difficulties saying "no" for years. I finally learned my lesson. It's easier on me to be honest. Thank you for your reply Shar! :) About having people like me. When I was a kid I yearned for it. Now it really doesn't matter. I figure if I am always me some folks will like and some won't. Would I prefer that people like me? Of course.  Enough to pretzelize myself so they will? Of course not! :)
      June 4, 2017 2:58 AM MDT