Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » History » History proves that evil exists and some people commit atrocities and get away with it. Others pay for what they do. Why the diff?

History proves that evil exists and some people commit atrocities and get away with it. Others pay for what they do. Why the diff?

Posted - June 3, 2017

Responses

not sure why but i wish evil didnt exist
      June 3, 2017 1:22 PM MDT

No one gets off Scott free from the crimes they may commit in life. Sooner or later they will answer for their actions. (Galatians 6:7)
      June 13, 2017 12:11 AM MDT

I like to think there is some sort of UNIVERSAL JUSTICE that kicks in and balances things out. There is a final Day of Reckoning for everyone. I just wish we could see it happening Autumn. That the evildoers get their just desserts so to speak. I try to have faith that will occur but honestly sometimes I do wonder about it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      June 13, 2017 2:40 AM MDT

Hi RosieG. Prophets of old were troubled by such things as you are. There will be a Day of Reckoning.

(Job 21:7) Why do the wicked live on, Grow old, and become wealthy?
    (Jeremiah 12:1) You are righteous, O Jehovah, when I make my complaint to you, When I speak about matters of justice with you. But why is the way of wicked ones successful, And why are the treacherous unworried?

(Psalm 73:2-8) As for me, my feet had almost strayed; My steps had nearly slipped.  3 For I became envious of the arrogant When I would see the peace of the wicked.  4 For they have no pain in their death; Their bodies are healthy.  5 They are not troubled like other humans, Nor do they suffer like other men.  6 Therefore, haughtiness is their necklace; Violence clothes them as a garment.  7 Their prosperity makes their eyes bulge; They have exceeded the imaginations of the heart.  8 They scoff and say evil things. They arrogantly threaten oppression.
    (Psalm 73:27, 28) Truly, those keeping far from you will perish. You will put an end to everyone who immorally leaves you. 28 But as for me, drawing near to God is good for me. I have made the Sovereign Lord Jehovah my refuge, To declare all your works.

(Proverbs 3:31-33) Do not envy the violent man Nor choose any of his ways, 32 For Jehovah detests a devious person, But His close friendship is with the upright. 33 The curse of Jehovah is on the house of the wicked one, But he blesses the home of the righteous.

(Proverbs 24:1, 2) Do not envy evil men, And do not crave their company,  2 For their heart meditates on violence, And their lips speak of trouble.
    (Proverbs 24:12) If you say, “But we did not know about this,” Does not the One who examines hearts discern it? Yes, the One who watches you will know And will repay each man according to his activity.
    (Proverbs 24:19-22) Do not be upset because of evil men; Do not envy wicked people, 20 For there is no future for anyone evil; The lamp of the wicked will be extinguished. 21 My son, fear Jehovah and the king. And do not associate with dissenters, 22 For their disaster will arise suddenly. Who knows what ruin both will bring upon them?

(Proverbs 2:21, 22) For only the upright will reside in the earth, And the blameless will remain in it. 22 As for the wicked, they will be cut off from the earth, And the treacherous will be torn away from it.
    (Psalm 37:10, 11) Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.
      June 13, 2017 4:57 AM MDT

• This shows quite a bit of what evil existed through our history.

June 13, 2017 5:04 AM MDT

It's sad that you have to reach back that far to find fault.  All I have to do is reach back 5 minutes to find fault with the other Party.  

The Republicans actually started out great.  FOR THAT TIME PERIOD.   The Democrats are not remotely like what you are trying to dig up.   Americans decimated the Indian and enslaved the blacks.  Are you worried about which PARTY did that?

Try bringing up something relevant from the REAL world why don't you.

Comey clearly intimated that Trump’s conduct toward him was an effort to obstruct justice when it came to the investigation of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn — and that special counsel Robert Mueller would be just the guy to get to the bottom of what is clearly an impeachable offense.

That was the key revelation of the former FBI director’s gripping Senate hearing Thursday. Comey said the president’s behavior at a February White House meeting — during which Trump cleared the room so he and Comey could have a private tete-a-tete about Flynn — had “stunned” him.

That was when, according to the document he released Wednesday, Trump said to him, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go.”

Comey said he believed this was intended as “direction” and he found it “a very disturbing thing, very concerning” the president would say such a thing.
    Republican Sen. Jim Risch sought to limit the damage from Comey’s words by pointing out that hoping for something would not be grounds for charging someone with a crime. Comey replied: “This is a president of the United States with me alone saying ‘I hope this.’ I took it as, this is what he wants me to do.”

Comey said that, “as an investigator” himself, “of significant fact to me is so why did he kick everybody out of the Oval Office? Why would you kick the attorney general, the vice president, the chief of staff out to talk to me?” This was a clear suggestion that Mueller, his fellow investigator, would likely see the same significance he did.

Asked by Sen. Richard Burr if the president had sought to obstruct justice, Comey replied coyly, “I don’t think it’s for me to say . . . That’s a conclusion I’m sure the special counsel will work towards to try and understand what the intention was there, and whether that’s an offense.”

That “disturbing, concerning” thing is now Mueller’s bailiwick. Mueller, also a former director of the FBI, is, in Comey’s words, “a dogged, tough person and you can have high confidence when he’s done, he’s turned over all of the rocks.”

Translation for Trump: Uh-oh.

Now, Comey could be wrong. He’s been wrong before. He was wrong to give a press conference on July 5 last year that effectively indicted Hillary Clinton before announcing she wouldn’t be charged for mishandling classified information — a colossally unfair thing to do.

And he was wrong to go public on October 28 about reopening the Hillary investigation, an irresponsible declaration that may have had a material effect on the presidential election.

But in suggesting what a fellow investigator might find problematic in Trump’s behavior, Comey can probably be trusted. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 13, 2017 5:16 AM MDT
      June 13, 2017 5:09 AM MDT