Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » During Hurricane Andrew I had to run around alerting the neighbors. Have you had to alert neighbors to anything important?

During Hurricane Andrew I had to run around alerting the neighbors. Have you had to alert neighbors to anything important?

Posted - June 3, 2017

Responses

June 3, 2017 9:00 AM MDT

Do you get the feeling no one listens to you? 
      June 3, 2017 10:39 AM MDT

Fortunately, no I have not.  However, if I did, I can tell you that I would definitely neglect to alert the b**ch who lives next door to me.
      June 3, 2017 10:32 AM MDT

Sounds like we have a story here.
      June 3, 2017 10:40 AM MDT

Years ago, I confronted her about the pieces of paper and soda can poptops that the friends who came to visit her daughter left on my doormat.  She spit in my face, so I grabbed her by the front of her shirt and she grabbed me by mine.  Unfortunately, I had to use one hand to keep my door from closing and locking me out and she got the opportunity to scratch my face with her other hand.  I called the police, they took her to the stationhouse and I pressed assault charges.  It was settled before we got to the judge and I got a restraining order.  She doesn't bother me anymore, but I wouldn't spit on her if she was on fire.
      June 3, 2017 10:45 AM MDT

Let me go out on a limb and say SHE'S F'ing PSYCHO?
      June 3, 2017 10:46 AM MDT

LOL ... that was the second time she spit in my face - over the same issue.  The first time, I was so stunned it was as though I had turned into a pillar of salt.  I was so stunned I couldn't react.  Clearly, the second time it happened, I was not so surprised.
      June 3, 2017 10:50 AM MDT

You know, I have never hit anyone that I can recall.  BUT if ANYONE tried to spit at me?  And if it HIT ME?  They would not take another breath, nor would they have any spit left to hurl at anyone. 

June 3, 2017 10:53 AM MDT

She didn't hit me, just scraped her nails along my cheek and drew blood.  When the police came, she said I attacked her.  The office said, "Then why is she the one bleeding?"
      June 3, 2017 10:56 AM MDT

Yeah, that is bad enough.   BUT YOU GOT SPIT AT.  She deserves death. 

If she scratched your cheek, had AIDS and spit there?  You would be HIV positive by now.  She deserves to be locked up until she gets that spitting thing under control.  I would have smashed her teeth in.  AMEN. 
      June 3, 2017 11:01 AM MDT

Believe me, I would have loved to have her jailed, but the assistant ADA said that since she had no prior problems with the law, I would be lucky if she got community service.  I asked for the restraining notice and the ADA said that would be hard since she lived right next door.  I told the ADA that all it had to say was that if she heard me coming out of my apartment she would wait and vice versa.  I did get that and we still both abide by it.  If I come into the building and see her waiting for the elevator, I walk up the stairs. 
      June 3, 2017 11:58 AM MDT

We were staying at our in-laws at the time. I had to inform my father in law there was a hurricane. He liked his Scotch. ;) 
      June 3, 2017 10:51 AM MDT

The guy who lived next door to me was out of town and his house burned down when he returned.  Thank goodness he was not at home.

There were plenty of drunks in South Florida, but no one died that I know of at least. 
      June 3, 2017 10:55 AM MDT

not yet, ive never had that happen but one time when there was an earthquake and my neighbors were out in the hall after i told them i thought we just had an earthquake and they didnt believe me, the next day it was in the paper so i knew i was right
      June 3, 2017 12:47 PM MDT

I was working. A tornado warning siren went off -- this came out of nowhere and I guess, later, we all found out the tornado was big and had been very close.
    I had to run into a university high-rise dormitory and run down each hall on every story knocking on doors, sort of yelling (trying to sound calm) and checking all bathrooms to inform anyone in the building to get to the tornado shelter.
    Everyone/everything turned out OK. The tornado passed through and touched down only briefly in a relatively uninhabited area. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 3, 2017 2:49 PM MDT
      June 3, 2017 1:18 PM MDT

I know that feeling.  I didn't even worry about being safe, I was worried about other people. So, I know I cannot be too bad.  We are nice people, WELB!!!!!
      June 3, 2017 1:23 PM MDT

I think you may be right, Sharonna.
    :)
      June 3, 2017 2:06 PM MDT

Every now and then I hit a home run.

June 3, 2017 2:11 PM MDT