Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Have you seen the movie "Swoon?"

Have you seen the movie "Swoon?"

Posted - June 6, 2017

Responses

• No, haven't seen that one either! Sorry.
      June 7, 2017 7:37 AM MDT

It's a great and quirky (to me) movie about the real-life Leopold and Loeb case.
    All those movie questions I asked -- I like all of the movies I asked about.
    :)

I'll get to responding to more answers later today or tonight I hope. I need to get some other stuff done, though I don't feel like it.
    Thanks for answering, Rooster!
      June 7, 2017 9:36 AM MDT

THat looks good, Welby.  I promise it will be on my list.  You know I trust you movie-wise.

(It does not look hetero)  LOL
      June 7, 2017 7:39 AM MDT

(Yeah, it's not, ha! -- it's about the real-life Leopold and Loeb case. But I found it a great movie, too. It explores a bit more the relationship between the two.)

All those movies I asked about - - I like them all for various reasons.
      June 7, 2017 9:33 AM MDT

Oh I have to see it now.  I am all about that case.  I have read so much relating to it and have probably seen at least 5 movies.  This would be so interesting.   I'll let you know what I think when I get to it. 

Thanks, Welb
      June 7, 2017 9:48 AM MDT

You're welcome!
    Yeah, that case was sad and fascinating.
    I hope you like the movie -- it was interesting in weird ways to me, sort of mesmerizing -- well, not to be morbid, the two lead actors added to the attraction. 
      June 7, 2017 12:12 PM MDT

Well, that is what made me kind of think it was not really accurate because the two who were the killers were not hot like that. 

But maybe it is easier to see what they saw if we look at what they think they looked like.   Maybe they thought they were glamorous and sexy like those two.  But I truly doubt it.  They were "pseudo rabid intellectuals" and maybe they were attracted to each other.  I cannot remember that part.  I know they were partners in crime and best  of friends.   What a couple of dysfunctional, toxic cretins.
      June 7, 2017 12:15 PM MDT

I'm warped -- I've seen photos of the actual "L and L" guys -- I find them very attractive! Ha! I've also always said that I would have gone home with Jeffrey Dahmer in a heartbeat (that is, before he gained all that weight after he was arrested).

You know the "L and L" case well -- your descriptions here are what I remember, too.

And "Swoon" the movie -- you may be right -- it sort of has a focus of the possible romanticism that may have been between the two. Production-wise I find the movie well-made, too. But I admit it's been a long time since I watched it.
      June 7, 2017 12:39 PM MDT

no, never seen it, havent been to the movies much cause of being out of work
      June 7, 2017 3:42 PM MDT

I hope your job situation improves!
    I didn't see this movie in the theater -- rented it. Great stuff!
      June 15, 2017 1:48 PM MDT