Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Do you put God first? See what happens

Do you put God first? See what happens

http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Know-God-Blesses-Us-When-We-Tithe/7658873

And those who haven't read the other story.

I was young with two small kids. My husband decided to move in with a girl he met at the store. I had a part time job making $400 a month. I prayed to God to give me wisdom. He told me in my heart, and in the Bible to put God first in everything even my money, so I did. I gave 10 % to the church which was going to make me low on my rent in 3 weeks. But in the Bible, book of Micah, it says "I challenge you to trust me, give me your first and I will pour down heaven for you" so I trusted him. After 2 weeks I received a knock on my door. A lady that I had given a ride to visit her friend in a nursing home a couple of times had died she said, and she wanted to give me all the money from the gift she had inherited from her friend $22,000. I could pay my rent. God never fails us...I have challenged God by putting all my eggs in Jesus basket. It was the right basket!

Posted - July 18, 2016

Responses

I put the Flying Spaghetti Monster first and asked Him for rain. He brought it. It's a miracle. 

July 19, 2016 4:10 AM MDT

I love the FSM!
      July 19, 2016 8:37 AM MDT

You can make fun of Christians but I care about you anyway.

July 19, 2016 9:50 AM MDT

I always put God first.  I feel sorry for people like you who depend on rewards to keep you going.  God has been here for eternity and eternity does not exist in human hours.  You may one day have to wait for one of God's blessings that YOU want and expect.  You may not get what you expect.  You will get what you need and that may be a horrible, painful disease that either you or one of your loved ones has to endure.   If you want that person to get better and he doesn't, or you don't, where is your great faith now? 

God is watching.  God knows best and this planet is a dreamscape and training ground for those who can, to SEE God for real after we finish our lives here.

So, please stop bragging that you know a thing.  You don't.    Just because you got some money.  Jeez, how childish.

And even though you have no idea about God, I love you anyway as well.   Are you seriously trying to say you are more favored by God than some starving child in Ethiopia?   That God can kiss my rear.  God loves ALL and you are loved but hardly some favorite of his that can curry favors because you think you know how to reach Him.

July 19, 2016 10:00 AM MDT

I don't think you read my stories at all. God will bless us if we put him first and love people, that is the point of my stories. I had no job and couldn't pay my bills. God helped me miraculously. It is very scary to have a family and no job or money to pay any bills at all. I am trying to encourage hurting people that's all. You don't seem to understand hurting people at all the way you hurt people here everyday.

July 19, 2016 10:07 AM MDT

God should care about us and put US first since he is our father and creator.
      July 19, 2016 10:28 AM MDT

• DON'T EVER TRICK ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! I THOUGHT EP WAS BACK AND RUNNING!!! >:0(

July 19, 2016 10:31 AM MDT

It is a story from last year, sorry:)

July 19, 2016 10:46 AM MDT

Jesus says

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."

July 19, 2016 11:58 AM MDT

Jesus says

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."

July 19, 2016 11:59 AM MDT

God has done little or nothing to make me feel proud that he is my Father and Creator. He cannot or refuses to manage the world he created.
    He makes prophecies about better things to come; that is about all. Can he be trusted to fulfill these prophecies?
      July 19, 2016 12:10 PM MDT

No he does not make prophesies about better times for the world if we don't love him. He says he is coming back to judge the world. You don't seem to realize how sinful we are as people, and how Holy and just God is.

July 19, 2016 12:19 PM MDT

I judge God to be about as perfect as the state the world that he created happens to be in at any given time.
      July 19, 2016 12:24 PM MDT

• It's fine. :0(

July 19, 2016 12:39 PM MDT

Someone. Thank you.  As with this character, ignorance is total bliss I guess.    Don't they have any Jesus sites they can bore each other to death with? 

July 19, 2016 12:47 PM MDT

Jesus Almighty God came down from heaven and lowered himself and took all humanities sins on his shoulders to save humanity from eternal punishment for their sinfulness. God didn't have to do that. He is loving. He is just. He is Holy. We are sinful. God says "The heart of man is wicked" Punishment is severe because our sins are SEVERE! It is like gravity. If you jump off a building you will die. God wants to save us from ourselves. It is not his fault that people sin.

We need to take responsibility for our sins and not blame God for this world's sins.

July 19, 2016 1:00 PM MDT

When people think Jesus has forgiven their sins they use that as an excuse to not have to make amends to all the persons they have harmed.
      July 19, 2016 1:13 PM MDT

I sincerely care about you and people here. God wants us to go into the WORLD and tell them the hope that is in us. I am here to encourage Christians but I am also here because I care about you and other people. I love God and I do whatever he tells me to do. You can talk behind peoples back and join people who are sarcastic but it is not loving to do so.We should treat others the way we want to be treated" It is called the Golden rule. If you do that God will bless you. I fear for you. God blesses and he curses. I want you to be blessed.

July 19, 2016 1:16 PM MDT

I sincerely care about you and people here. God wants us to go into the WORLD and tell them the hope that is in us. I am here to encourage Christians but I am also here because I care about you and other people. I love God and I do whatever he tells me to do. You can be sarcastic but it is not loving to do so. We should treat others the way we want to be treated" It is called the Golden rule. If you do that God will bless you. I fear for you. God blesses and he curses. I want you to be blessed.

July 19, 2016 1:18 PM MDT

When we love Jesus we don't want to harm anyone. When we are born again we get a "new heart" . The Holy Spirit comes into our heart and makes us loving. Jesus forgives us for everything we ever did and will do wrong in the future when we are born again. It is never an excuse to act unloving. We are very sinful and we need to beg God for forgiveness. He is just and loving to forgive us from ALL unrighteousness if we put our faith and our life in Jesus hands. If we  harm anyone we need to ask them for forgiveness. Jesus says "As you have treated one of these little ones you did it for me"

July 19, 2016 1:31 PM MDT

You can choose to ignore Gods word but it wont benefit you.

July 19, 2016 4:53 PM MDT

You think you have the right to judge your maker? Did you make the world? Do you know more than God? You know everything? You know about justice the way God does?

July 19, 2016 4:54 PM MDT

I'd rather have the tough-talking Sharonna that speaks from the heart, than someone who spits out pre-packaged bibble verses instead of using the brain God (allegedly) gave them.
      July 20, 2016 8:58 AM MDT

Yes.
      July 20, 2016 9:09 AM MDT

You might think that you know as much as God but let me tell you that we humans can never tell God anything because we don't know everything like he does. And we are extremely sinful and can not even get to God by talking to him because he is so far away. Jesus has made it possible for us to talk to God without dying. God is so Holy that you would die if he came close to you because of his Holiness if it weren't for Jesus saving you..

July 20, 2016 10:01 AM MDT