Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Does the phrase, "A great place to work!" Make any sense? How about, " I love my job!" Are these just rubbish?

Does the phrase, "A great place to work!" Make any sense? How about, " I love my job!" Are these just rubbish?

Posted - June 8, 2017

Responses

I don't think they are rubbish and I think they do make sense.. There are more important things than money, lol well outside America there are :P  I could be paid twice as much for what I do, and it isn't perfect but I love the students and genuinely love helping and interacting with them.. I am looking forward to next year's new students already and have fond memories of many of this year's students.

Colleagues are hugely important.. I had a colleague I adored.. now she's gone and it makes a big difference... Having a boss who cares is important... who runs the joint matters.. in my case the principle and in this case that's really not good and that matters too.. it demoralises and makes it less pleasant.. 
      June 8, 2017 3:54 PM MDT

• Not all Americans are money hungry.
      June 8, 2017 5:10 PM MDT

• If you have some you do not want I'll be glad to have it.  Thanks.
      June 8, 2017 8:48 PM MDT

• Work is meant to be a punishment. Punishment means suffering.
      June 8, 2017 8:47 PM MDT

• I honestly do love my job. The work isn't that hard, I work with a small group of wonderful people and I get paid decently. I make enough to pay my bills and still have a little left to play with.
      June 9, 2017 5:11 AM MDT

• No, it isn't rubbish at all. I've had a few places that I worked where I loved my job and it was a great place to work! I would like to think my former employees thought that when I sold the shop to my foreman. No, there are just some places and other employess that just click and make a great job.
      June 8, 2017 5:10 PM MDT

I'd much rather be busy than bored. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at June 9, 2017 8:32 AM MDT
      June 8, 2017 6:31 PM MDT

• Being busy is not the same as going to work.
      June 8, 2017 8:46 PM MDT

I liked most of my jobs in the Navy and I loved teaching. Obviously, I didn't care much about money. I can understand how the guy flipping burgers or bagging groceries could find those statements rubbish.
      June 9, 2017 7:45 AM MDT

I bet being a plebe wasn't fun.
      June 9, 2017 6:27 PM MDT

• I understand why you might feel the way you do about your job ....
    but I applied for my job. It was the one I wanted. I wasn't forced into it.
      June 9, 2017 7:52 AM MDT

depends on who says it and if theyre serious or not
      June 10, 2017 4:35 PM MDT