Active Now

my2cents
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is our system of government and its elected officials devolving?

Is our system of government and its elected officials devolving?

Posted - June 9, 2017

Responses

• Absolutely!!!
      June 9, 2017 12:14 PM MDT

As usual it is Yes ans No.
    It is not very different now, from how it was a hundred years ago.

ref: "Running for Governor" by Mark Twain
      June 9, 2017 12:56 PM MDT

• i wholeheartedly agree!
      June 9, 2017 11:39 PM MDT

No, remember evolution like time travel has one direction which is forward. No such thing as de-evolution. Sometimes the future resembles the past and once was is again. This post was edited by O-uknow at June 10, 2017 7:16 AM MDT
      June 9, 2017 1:57 PM MDT

Yes and it is like the nervous system of our country, this sign of our times.  In order for these hideous goons to be obeyed, a lot of people need to be scattered so widely in opinion, that nothing gets accomplished ever.

No one has a clue how to negotiate in Congress.  No one knows how to strategize because anyone that is seriously FOR the people he represents, will get slaughtered and eaten alive by those with money in their pockets for this cause or that.   I digress. 

The nerves are the people who voted for them and the body is just a mindless kinetic hulk.
      June 9, 2017 2:12 PM MDT

• While there's no doubt there have been problems with the system of government in the past, we do seem to be hitting a low point here. It may signal the end of a certain form of government. 
      June 9, 2017 2:34 PM MDT

• well, you know... it sure seems like it lately, but i've wondered if maybe what we are currently experiencing is part of what it's going to take to evolve politics into the modern era. ouch! growing pains sure hurt like hell, if that's the case.
      June 9, 2017 11:38 PM MDT

maybe, they might be
      June 10, 2017 1:51 PM MDT