Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Is "Alice in Chains" considered a One-Hit Wonder group?

Is "Alice in Chains" considered a One-Hit Wonder group?

I've heard more-than-several songs I like but radio stations seem to only play "Man in the Box." (And that is a good song to me, too, yes.)

Posted - June 10, 2017

Responses

• Nope, In my opinion they are the besterest band from the 90s.  They were my favourite band when I was a teen. My most favourite song to this day is still by them. I love them S'much  :) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eBB2OS4IoTs
      June 10, 2017 3:50 PM MDT

Layne Staley at some point joined up with some other guys from other groups and made an album called "Above," under the name "Mad Season." Perhaps you know it. The first time I heard it I immediately declared it as one of my personal list Top Five Best Albums I've Ever Heard. This song, "All Alone," is the last song on the album. I love it - - especially after listening to the whole album and it finishes with this song.
    :)

June 10, 2017 4:16 PM MDT

mad season was before alice in chains. Layne also was on soundtrack for the faculty... they didnt actually form a band...just for the soundtrack i believe 

July 8, 2017 11:52 PM MDT

they were also featured in the movie singles as one of the bar bands...along with pearl jam, and soundgarden.
      July 8, 2017 11:55 PM MDT

Thanks, maggie. You must be  big fan! I, unfortunately, came upon actually listening to them a long time after they were famous. I had heard of them but had never listened to them. And I know Staley had been dead for quite a while before I listened. That Mad Season album was the first thing I heard with Layne Staley, loved both his voice and that album, and then started to listen to Alice In Chains.

In the Another Brick in the Wall -- is that Staley in the lead vocals? He sounds a bit different but I like this, too!
    Thanks for all your help!
      July 9, 2017 1:59 PM MDT

yes...im sure his body was pretty much devastated by all the drug use by that time. after he passed a.i c. got a different singer but in my opinion only one song sounds like the oild alice in chains . the song is called voices..
    with answermug acting so weird today I cant post it. This post was edited by maggie at July 9, 2017 2:32 PM MDT
      July 9, 2017 2:04 PM MDT

I'm unsure if I saw all of your reply. Your reply starts out with the word "eyes." I may not have picked up on the meaning, in case I should know.

I'll look up that song. I think I've heard one or two songs with a different A.I.C. singer -- I still liked them but there is simply no voice like Staley's to me.
      July 9, 2017 2:29 PM MDT

Yes, I find them a fantastic group for any decade!
    Unfortunately, I only "discovered" actually listening to them after vocalist Layne Staley had passed away. There is nothing I've heard from them that I don't like. I don't have a lot of their stuff committed to my memory but I hear a song from them -- and I end up liking it. Like the one you posted, "Don't Follow."

Thanks for answering, Jaimie!

(I might add more to my comment here later.)

June 10, 2017 4:05 PM MDT

• I haven't listened to that album in a while ..it's the besterest :) I've been in a blah mood all week for no good reason. I needed be reminded of Alice in chains :) so thanks for the reminder :)
      June 10, 2017 4:13 PM MDT

You're welcome, Jaimie! Hang in there.
    Alice in Chains always hits me in all my best spots.
      June 10, 2017 4:18 PM MDT

• :)
      June 10, 2017 4:19 PM MDT

Another comment I wrote to you ended up somewhere above this space on the page. I added another song.
      June 10, 2017 4:22 PM MDT

• I caught it , thank you :) here's another good one :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ODTv9Lt5WYs

June 10, 2017 4:33 PM MDT

cool
    thanks
      June 10, 2017 4:55 PM MDT

a great one hit
    loved it
      June 10, 2017 4:40 PM MDT

It is a great song, you're right, Baba!
      June 10, 2017 4:41 PM MDT

They come to kill the rooster!
      June 10, 2017 9:51 PM MDT

YES!!! My point exactly!
    I rarely hear that one in comparison to Man in the Box.
    Thanks, bhwilson!
      June 13, 2017 11:57 AM MDT

nope..
    the rooster, i stay away, sea of sorrow, down in a hole, alot of different ones.
    Man in the  box was their first song that got radio play...and the reason i bought the first album.
      July 8, 2017 11:49 PM MDT

If I had heard "Man in the Box" and had known who they were, I, too, would have bought the album and been a fan much earlier! I tend to hear that song still a lot, as I asked about in my question.
    I have to admit I don't know their songs by title too well, still. I love their overall sound and Staley is one of the most unique and best band lead vocalists to me.
    Thanks for your posts!
      July 9, 2017 2:03 PM MDT