Active Now

Shuhak
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do you wake up happy or grouchy? If grouchy how long does it take you to become pleasant to be around? What transforms the grouch? Coffee?

Do you wake up happy or grouchy? If grouchy how long does it take you to become pleasant to be around? What transforms the grouch? Coffee?

Posted - June 11, 2017

Responses

Grouchy - unless my better half is awake first and being affectionate. Otherwise don't even TRY to talk to me before I get my coffee, black and strong enough to stand up and fight me. How strong? If the spoon stands up, it's too weak. If it starts to dissolve, that's better, but when that spoon jumps out of the mug and runs away screaming in mortal agony, it's PERFECT. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at June 11, 2017 11:48 AM MDT
      June 11, 2017 6:26 AM MDT

I was married to a guy that was kinda like that. I wake up bouncy and happy and sunshiny every day. Always have. He didn't. I learned quickly that it took coffee and a few cigarettes (yes he smoked...this was way  back in 60's when we didn't know they were death sticks) to make him human and sociable. Otherwise he was a pretty good guy. You just had to give him space in the morning until he had a chance to adjust! Thank goodness Jim is a morning person like me and wakes up happy too! It's a he**uva lot better for me! Thank you for your reply Sbf! :)
      June 11, 2017 11:51 AM MDT

I used to smoke - they may be slow death to your lungs but in modern Australia they're a quicker death to your solvency. I quit for financial reasons.
      June 11, 2017 5:09 PM MDT

Of course we don't smoke but I think a pack of cigarettes costs something like $3 -$4! Maybe more! I see ads for them. I guess rich death-wish folks are the only ones who can afford the habit. A real addict probably would  buy death sticks rather than food. Sad. Thank you for your reply Sbf! :)
      June 12, 2017 4:36 AM MDT

They're almost $1 PER CIGARETTE down here - Australian dollars, but that's still 76 cents American. Each.
      June 12, 2017 11:01 AM MDT

I just showed Jim your answer Sbf! He shook his head and could not believe it! The US government used to provide cigarettes to soldiers I'm told. A treat I guess. Geez Louise as if  dodging enemy bullet wasn't bad enough. I'm gonna ask a question about it! Thank you for your reply. Jim remembers when cigarettes were something like 14 cents a pack. Cheap death sticks!  :(
      June 12, 2017 11:13 AM MDT

They were cheap until about 20 years ago, when the government decided to make the tobacco industry pay for the burden it was putting on the health system. Then, nine years ago, the excise went up steeply again - twofold effect, firstly it covers the cost of treating smoking-related illnesses, and secondly it encourages more people to quit or not start in the first place. Worked for me.
      June 12, 2017 5:04 PM MDT

Neither...I just wake up and start thinking of what I have to do that day.
      June 11, 2017 10:43 AM MDT

Do you tend to get done what you set out to do Ele? How often do unplanned things get in the way and how do you handle it? Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 11, 2017 11:52 AM MDT

I usually get the things done that I had planned. Unplanned? A piece of my pool equipment broke but that goes on my do tomorrow list.
      June 11, 2017 4:59 PM MDT

Gotcha! Hope it wasn't the motor! They're expensive! Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! Are you a listmaker Ele? I am. I LOVE to cross things off the list once it has been accomplished! :)
      June 12, 2017 4:59 AM MDT

Not the motor, although I have replaced it twice.
      June 12, 2017 8:30 AM MDT

How long have you had the pool Ele? TWICE? How long are pool motors supposed to last? Condolences! Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 12, 2017 9:05 AM MDT

Since the fake election, I wake up terrified. 
      June 11, 2017 12:29 PM MDT

I have to admit I'm VERY uneasy every day Shar. I don't know what the he** Goofy Doofus will do THAT day to harm us. It is not my cuppa joe/tea/cocoa. When Obama was prez I had no such trepidation. Now? Well he**'s bells  take AWFUL and multiply it by a zillion then triple it times a Googolplex and you got the picture. Thank you for your reply and the graphic. AARRGGHH!  :( This post was edited by RosieG at June 12, 2017 9:11 AM MDT
      June 12, 2017 9:07 AM MDT

Yes, Ms. Rosie.  I am holding onto your hand throughout this mess, because I know you KNOW how I feel.  This is not a joke any more.  We are headed for grave disaster.   Here's a nice, friendly photo of Russian Warships.  Oh wait.  We don't have to fear those any more.  THANK YOU DONALD.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 12, 2017 9:37 AM MDT
      June 12, 2017 9:16 AM MDT

Thanks Shar. I just squeezed your hand.  Did you feel it? I read that the young people in Russia DISLIKE Putin. What happens to Doofus Donny if Putin is voted out? Does he cry a river, get into a fetal position and stay there? Also read that North Korea is coming at us and is the WORST threat! I dunno how many WORST threats we can juggle simultaneously. Oh. Here comes another question. If could just get rid of the worstest threat who is president we'd have a chance. As it is? Good luck folks and do NOT  DON"T HOLD YOUR Breath! :(
      June 12, 2017 9:40 AM MDT

I always wake up happy because I have my Lulu and I know I have a cup of coffee and AnswerMug waiting for me.
      June 11, 2017 3:54 PM MDT

I usta. Now with Trump in control I wake up every day nervous as he**! What did goofy doofus do or what will he do to screw up and screw us today? Never felt this way about a prez. Doofus Donny is the pits for sure. Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom and Happy Monday! I look forward to my coffee and Answermug and  my Jim and our cat Tigger. But there is an omnipresent overwhelming overriding forboding hanging over my head. :(
      June 12, 2017 9:10 AM MDT

depends on whats going on at the time
      June 11, 2017 4:46 PM MDT

Happy, everyday, all the time...
      June 13, 2017 7:03 AM MDT

Which accounts for your  name! Thank you for your reply HP and Happy Tuesday to thee! Glad to hear it! :)
      June 13, 2017 7:08 AM MDT