Discussion » Questions » Communication » How can you see/hear something that isn't there unless you want to? Can folks be FORCED to misperceive/misinterpret/misbelieve? How?

How can you see/hear something that isn't there unless you want to? Can folks be FORCED to misperceive/misinterpret/misbelieve? How?

Posted - June 11, 2017

Responses

I don't think "forced" is the right word.  People can and are coerced into believing things or misinterpreting things through subliminals, repetitition, and belittling, as well as through false representation.  
      June 11, 2017 5:11 AM MDT

People see and hear a Russia/Trump collusion theory all day long. Which has been testified by more than one intelligence head that it did not happen. 

People can be made to believe anything if you control what they see and hear.
    This post was edited by my2cents at June 11, 2017 5:42 AM MDT
      June 11, 2017 5:41 AM MDT

Oh, goodness....
      June 11, 2017 10:10 AM MDT

Facts... that's what they are. ,CIA chief Michael Morell and former director of national intelligence James Clapper   Former FBI director Comey all have stated...there is no evidence of collusion.
      June 11, 2017 3:12 PM MDT

My 2:   There is no evidence?   He took notes after every meeting with Trump and said there was plenty of hints and allegations that need to be brought forth.   He said there is NOTHING HE CAN TANGIBLY PROVE that would satisfy a court just yet.

But so what?  Look at what a moron that President was, telling Comey this stuff and firing him.  So transparent.  So obvious.   Comey does not have a repute as a liar.   Trump does.  Trump.  Your buddy.

People who can use logic can see what Trump did once again.  He fires people that he cannot trust to back up his lies.    The Russia thing was only ONE piece of the allegations that were brought against Trump.  And Trump has a lot of explaining to do.   

He is not popular. 

He is hated.

That’s it, then. Since Comey scooped the hearing by releasing his opening statement on Wednesday, there wasn’t very much new news. But Comey’s appearance went beyond the daily news cycle. Here was a former F.B.I. director calling the sitting President a liar and detailing how he tried to interfere with an ongoing federal investigation of his aides and associates. Comey didn’t come out and say that Trump attempted to obstruct justice in putting pressure on him to drop the Flynn probe. He said that would be a matter for Robert Mueller, the special counsel, to sort out. But Comey made it patently clear that he believes this is a huge and serious matter that merits close investigation.

The other thing I took away from the hearing was what a Shakespearean turn this story has taken. If the Russia investigation does end up destroying the Trump Presidency, Trump will have brought much of it upon himself. Until he leaned on Comey and then fired him, he was facing a counter-espionage investigation in which he himself wasn’t a formal target. Obviously, that was an irritation and a potential danger, but one from which he was still partly removed. But, rather than sitting it out and protesting his innocence, he let hubris get to him. Now, like Flynn, he is really in the soup.

—John Cassidy, 1:10 P.M. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 11, 2017 4:08 PM MDT
      June 11, 2017 3:17 PM MDT

Conjurers depend on it. Misdirection, sleight-of-hand etc.
      June 11, 2017 6:16 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Sbf!  :)
      June 11, 2017 11:56 AM MDT

no cause i dont hear stuff that isnt there
      June 11, 2017 4:28 PM MDT