Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Did you know there was a James Bond film about Donald Trump?

Did you know there was a James Bond film about Donald Trump?

As I was scrolling through the on screen guide today, I clicked the info on "Tomorrow Never Dies" and the description read "An insane billionaire megalomaniac attempts to initiate WWIII...".

I'm familiar with "Idiocracy", but hadn't heard of this one!   

Posted - June 11, 2017

Responses

LOL!

Actually I think that one may have been aimed at Uncle Rupert. Trump has dabbled in media but doesn't own much of it, otherwise he'd clamp down on any negative publicity (seriously America, doesn't the man's insecurity EMBARRASS you?) The billionaire megalomaniac in the movie (Elliott Carver) is a media mogul, not a real estate tycoon.
      June 11, 2017 8:52 PM MDT

I've never seen the movie, but when I read the description I couldn't help but think of "The Orange One". And he was attempting to be a media mogul before he was elected, didn't you hear about "Trump TV"? ;-)

I can only speak for myself and approximately 60% of all Americans when I say "YES!! WE ARE EMBARRASSED"! 

June 11, 2017 9:00 PM MDT

• HAHAHA!
      June 11, 2017 8:53 PM MDT

no but now i do
      June 12, 2017 9:59 AM MDT

• Nyet, there are no 007 films about Donald Trump or any other living person. Tovarich Carver was quite different from Trump. You are trying far too hard to find fault with Trump. Was Obama the villain in "Live And Let Die"?
      June 19, 2017 11:07 AM MDT

I'm revisiting old posts and am just seeing this reply. I think that you'll still get a notification on your new account (I see a green light next to your profile pic)? Anyway....

Why would anyone need to TRY to find fault with Trump? That's hilarious!!

I've never seen any James Bond movies. It was the on-screen description of the film that made me think of Trump immediately. No one knows how much $ he really has (because he won't divulge), but he'd like to be considered a billionaire, I'm sure. The rest of the description is spot on. 
      August 22, 2020 10:22 AM MDT