Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Do you think this place is going to hire me?

Do you think this place is going to hire me?

ive lived here 5 yrs and 14 months ago they knocked down the library across the street to make this motel for a conference center, for 14 months ive been bothered by too much noise, literally, demolishing the library, constant beep which im hearing now cause of them making their parking lot, cant ever sleep in either, been impossible, so i cant stay up late, anyways, to be honest ive been fed up, so my mail lady was telling me the name of the motel theyre building so i went online to their website and wrote a message under contact me, I was being honest and told them Ive had a hard time the last 14 months cause of all their noise and i had flunked out of school cause i could never study at home and if i went to the college library people would talk so i couldnt study there. I told her i had lost my only income and cant get grants anymore cause of my grades, and wondered if i could make up the lack of income by having them hire me, i sent the email last friday, i felt it was only fair for them to hire me since i lost my only income cause of all the noise, today when i was home about a half hr ago, the lady i wrote to called me, she mustve gotten my number from the resumes i sent out, anyways she told me they were having a job fair here a couple of blocks from where i live all day on friday and saturday and gave me the address for it. she said they might hire people on the spot, the motel which is going to be a conference center dont open up till sept, but maybe they'll hire people to do stuff earlier or whatever or even if they dont, i have enough savings till then from leftover grants, so do you think they'll hire me? i think im going to take a walk there friday, i wasnt trying to be funny writing the message, but i felt since im going thru a lot cause of it the least they could do is give me a job later, i might take one if i get it.

Posted - June 12, 2017

Responses

You have nothing to lose by going over and filling out an application.  As for the reason you have given for not doing well in school, I don't know of any place that is completely quiet other than, perhaps, a Church. 
      June 12, 2017 1:47 PM MDT

She's been living across the street from a 24/7 active construction site.  The company knows what she is talking about.
      June 12, 2017 3:00 PM MDT

What's your point?

This post was edited by SpunkySenior at June 12, 2017 6:05 PM MDT
      June 12, 2017 6:04 PM MDT

The statement about distracting noise.
      June 13, 2017 3:52 PM MDT

What about the statement about distracting noise?

June 13, 2017 7:44 PM MDT

yup
      June 12, 2017 5:06 PM MDT

I so admire your persistence and perseverance.  Take that walk on Friday and stand tall (I mean figuratively) (I thought this might give you a smile).  Like always, I wish you the best, Pearl.
      June 12, 2017 1:53 PM MDT

God you have a lot of excuses. 

I have been reading you for a LONG time, years, now.  And?  You never have a job.  You get them and then lose them and wonder why.  SO?  How would I know if you are going to get hired?  I know that I will fall off my chair if you actually do work there and stay there. 

There is ALWAYS some excuse.  THE LIBRARY IS TOO NOISY to study?   You said that. 

Cut it out.   If you cannot study because of noise, then you need to forget school.  I can see if there is TOO MUCH NOISE, of course.   But if you cannot handle any sound, like in a library, you are looking for an excuse not to succeed.  AGAIN.

I think you like to talk about how you cannot get a job.  I am finally reading something you actually took time and  wrote and you are not a bad writer at all.   That is the good part.  You have intelligence.  That is obvious.  But?  You have a worse problem and that is YOU.   If you have a mental disorder, I am heartly sorry.  I am.   You may have depression or something like that.  If that is the case, you need HELP.  That needs to be addressed first of all, or you will never keep any job.  No one could. 

But, if you are normal and have no illnesses that make you think this way, here is what you say over and over again on here.  And not much else.

YOU ARE TOO SHORT.  THE LIBRARY IS TOO LOUD.  THE JOB IS TOO FAR. YOU HAVE TO TAKE TOO MANY BUSES.  YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS.

That is you.  AND This is nonsense.  None of that should matter if you really want to work. 

Let me tell you about the deaf student who has a deformed face, that sits next to me in MY school.  

The first time I saw her, I was amazed at how deformed her face was.  After getting to know her, I cannot believe I ever saw her that way.  To me is is just beautiful.  She has beautiful eyes, amazing skin and a great attitude.

She is 4 foot 10.   She is making it very well in massage school.   And now she is making it very well as a working massage therapist.  AND She is deaf.  She has hearing aids that went out on her for 2 months;  and she could not hear to take notes in classes that are SO FREAKING hard even if you have ears.  She figured out a way to get those notes and read them anyway and she got straight A's.

I don't come near to getting straight A's.  She did. 

She has a car, but.... she has a child with autism.  That is another job she has that pays nothing.  She has to take care of a kid.  And?   She takes care of a drunken sister who will not let her rest when she does fall aslelep and she drives over 1,000 miles each week.   I'm not making one thing about this up.  No one can compare to this woman.  I could not hold a candle to what she does.  But the point is?  If you want to work, you would be working.  Clean houses.  Go door to door and put messages in mailboxes and offer to clean.  If you want to work.  I don't think you want a job.  I think you want a job that is easy and makes you want to go to it.  No job does that. 

So, please stop with the nonsense excuses and get your own life together already.  This is TOUGH LOVE GIRL and you do have a friend.

We tell you the truth.  
    For YOUR sake.  Not mine. 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 12, 2017 8:00 PM MDT
      June 12, 2017 2:15 PM MDT

Excellent comments, Harrison.  I even had a little tear in my eye.
      June 12, 2017 2:36 PM MDT

I want her to get what she wants.  She needs help.  My heart goes out to her.
      June 12, 2017 2:37 PM MDT

• You have posted often of your financial struggles.  I sincerely hope this works out for you and wish you the best.
      June 12, 2017 2:16 PM MDT

For inspiration, read about Charles Steinmetz, dwarf scientist. 
      June 12, 2017 2:38 PM MDT

• If this post description is any indication of what you entered on that online app, you may as well hang it up.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but you seem to have a lot of excuses for the problems in your life. Who in their right mind would hire someone like that?

TBH, I wouldn't hire you. 

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 12, 2017 6:08 PM MDT
      June 12, 2017 3:54 PM MDT

Of course they might hire you---but not because they in any way, shape, or form owe you a job.
      June 12, 2017 4:45 PM MDT

And I should add, if you bring up again any of what you have already put in your contract request, they may look at you as as some kind of nutcase who may try to get revenge on them for all the harm they have caused you.

If you were they, would you hire a person who might do that?
      June 12, 2017 5:04 PM MDT

Go to the job fair. Apply. IF they hire you, good.  If they do, it won't be due to them thinking they owe you a job, though. 
      June 12, 2017 5:05 PM MDT

• I personally do not think they will hire you if you approach the person doing the hiring with a 'sob' story and excuses as to why you haven't been able to get/ keep a job in the past few years. Whoever is doing the hiring is an employee of the company you are applying to. It's their Job to hire someone they believe will be an asset to the company. They're not going to hire you out of compassion, pity or because you don't think it's 'fair' the construction noise has been a nuisance to you. That's not the way life works.

All that being said, it sounds like a great opportunity for you to re-enter the work force, especially if transportation is an issue for you
    :)
    You have a few days to prepare. At a job fair, where they are hiring on the spot you should be prepared for a small, informal interview, have an idea what position you're interested in ( I would recommend you focus on a position for room attendant) and do some basic research on the Internet of interview type question you should be expecting for that position. Write them down and then write down how you will answer in a POSITIVE way, that will sell 'you' as an asset to the company. Read that over several times before Friday, so you will feel and be prepared. Have an understanding of what the job duties will entail for the position you're applying for. Focus on your strengths ( a strong desire to work, ability to work well independently or as part of a team , a strong focus on customer satisfaction, a keen attention to detail ...) during your interview. Employers eat that shizatt up ;)
    Good luck, Pearl. I sincerely hope you Suss it on Friday :)

June 12, 2017 7:12 PM MDT

Exactly!
      June 12, 2017 7:58 PM MDT

• Let's hope so. 
      July 15, 2017 3:18 AM MDT