Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Do you have a favorite Archie Bunker moment from "All in the Family?"

Do you have a favorite Archie Bunker moment from "All in the Family?"

I have tons but I was pleasantly surprised to see one of my VERY favorites on youtube ~

so funny to me!!
:)

Posted - June 14, 2017

Responses

Gosh, there are so many Welby.  But this was a moment that always stuck in my mind

June 14, 2017 4:49 PM MDT

Definitely, Harry!! That entire episode is hilarious to me!
    In fact, I've often thought of posting an official question about "Who do you think is/was the best guest star on a TV show portraying himself/herself?" And my answer would be Sammy Davis Jr on "All in the Family."
    I usually don't like "guest star episodes" of TV shows but this Sammy episode of "All in the Family" is great to me.
    Thanks for answering, Harry (and Happy Engagement!)
    ;)
      June 14, 2017 7:21 PM MDT

LOL!  Thanks Welby.
      June 15, 2017 4:47 AM MDT

June 15, 2017 6:19 AM MDT

• I've never seen an episode of that show :/ I hear I've missed out :)
      June 14, 2017 7:20 PM MDT

It's one of the best TV comedy shows I've ever seen.

(With "I Love Lucy" as the best comedy TV show to me.)

June 14, 2017 7:26 PM MDT

• I've heard great things about it :) I have watched other shows that are older than I am :) my favourite old shows are bewitched and three's company ... I know I've seen the Jefersons, which I believe is a spin of of all in family. Maybe I'll binge watch "all in family" next time I feel like hibernating for a weekend :) 
      June 14, 2017 7:30 PM MDT

If you do, I hope you enjoy and laugh a lot!
      June 15, 2017 6:13 AM MDT

I loved All In The Family.

Hated HATED I Love Lucy.  I couldn't stand that character.  UGH. 

Loved The Honeymooners.  My favorite oldie.
      June 19, 2017 7:24 PM MDT

Yes, now I remember, Shar to the Rona!
    Right when I read your comment about "I Love Lucy" I remembered that we had talked about the show before and I remembered that you hated it!
    I can see how Lucy Ricardo could be irritating.

I've not seen enough of The Honeymooners to be a huge fan but I've watched quite a few episodes and I always find it funny!

For me, right up there with "All in the Family" and "I Love Lucy," I like "Reno 911!" --  a much more recent show, for sure! Ha! "Reno 911!" I still, like these other shows, I laugh out loud.

And lately, only recently, have I caught on to and liked "The Middle" and "Modern Family."
      June 20, 2017 9:39 AM MDT

OMG!  LOL

Reno 911?  HILARIOUS.  My daughter initially watched it because Tom Lemmon (?)  I can't remember his name off-hand but you know who I mean, I'm sure, went to school with my daughter.  He is a graduate of Oak Park High School.  

That show was really good. (to me, anyway.  I am sure you know by now that anything I say is just my opinion)   Obviously Lucy was beloved by everyone.  She is a comedic talent and deserves the fame, but that charcter and the premise of her being an airhead got on my nerves after five minutes of stupid.

I hate the 3 Stooges too.  Not funny.  Stupid to me.  I guess I had to have been there at the outset when it was first aired in the theatres.  It was a simpler time then when hitting someone on the head was just a laugh riot.  GOD save us. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 20, 2017 9:53 AM MDT
      June 20, 2017 9:50 AM MDT

How FUN!! Yes, Lemmon was "Lt. Dangle"! You'll have to tell your daughter that I love that show!

This is a great way for me to sign out off the site for bit - - I'll probably be back later tonight. Thanks for sharing that cool detail about "Reno 911!" and your daughter and Lemmon going to school together!
      June 20, 2017 9:56 AM MDT

That's why GOD invented re-runs.
      June 19, 2017 7:23 PM MDT

i used to watch it a lot when i was a kid but i dont remember much of it now
      June 15, 2017 3:25 PM MDT

Thanks for answering, though, pearl!
      June 19, 2017 6:35 PM MDT

• Here's one that puts a smile on my face.

June 19, 2017 7:14 PM MDT

LOLOL
      June 19, 2017 7:23 PM MDT

Me, too!
      June 20, 2017 9:34 AM MDT

I'm laughing! I like this moment, too!
    Such a funny show!
    I've always liked the casting of the show, though, too -- though I did see the original-original TV show pilot episode for the series and different actors portrayed 'Gloria' and 'Mike.' I think those original actors could have been good on the show, too. I don't know why they were switched to Sally Struthers and Rob Reiner -- and I like both Struthers and Reiner, too.
    Thanks, ALF!

UPDATE: I just looked in youtube for the original pilot with the different actors I talked about here and I was going to post the video but then I found ANOTHER unaired pilot with two OTHER actors playing Mike and Gloria! Who knows how many Gloria and Mike's are out there?
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 20, 2017 5:39 PM MDT
      June 20, 2017 9:33 AM MDT