Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Ladies at AM, did you ever get a bit sporadic with your birth control?

Ladies at AM, did you ever get a bit sporadic with your birth control?

On weekly basis? I've been on norethindrone for many months for treatment of endometriosis (not for birth 'control' per se)... I began to gain weight a couple months ago as it is a side effect, and skipped a few pills here or there, then took just half at night only (dr. said I could try it)... and now I took full pill again last night. I feel cramps (you are not supposed to get period on this pill) coming yet it is just that pain; not the actual period. I think it is b/c I was sporadic with pill last 2 weeks...have you ever done this and what were your physical feelings or effects?

Posted - June 14, 2017

Responses

Nope, I either took it or I didn't. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist regarding BC side effects. If weight gain is a problem there are other types of pills. Talk to your doctor about your options.
      June 14, 2017 4:23 PM MDT

• nope; not since 1994. (tubal-ligation)
      June 14, 2017 4:31 PM MDT

Really should take it as directed. Talk to the Dr about other meds you could take without the side effects. 
    But no, I either took it or did not. I don't need to anymore. 
      June 14, 2017 8:22 PM MDT

no, the only time ive taken birth control was right before a hysterectomy cause i was bleeding too much
      June 15, 2017 2:57 PM MDT