Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "I am being investigated for firing Comey by the man who told me to fire Comey". THE DONALD said he was going to fire Comey ANYWAY. Right?

"I am being investigated for firing Comey by the man who told me to fire Comey". THE DONALD said he was going to fire Comey ANYWAY. Right?

So this latest pathetic DONALD excuse has nothing to do with anything. Unless of course The DONALD LIED and was not going to fire Comey but was talked into it by someone else. Think that's what happened? Which DONALD LIE is worse and why?

Posted - June 18, 2017

Responses

It's irrelevant whether he was going to do it anyway. The point is that many who lobbied for Comey to be fired, instantaneously switched to outrage and tried to use it as a political weapon.

By lobbying for Trump to fire the FBI director they are acknowledging that this falls within his lawful executive powers. If Trump were guilty, they'd be guilty of incitement. Since he's not guilty, they're guilty of sedition. Either way they're criminals.

June 18, 2017 10:25 AM MDT

• How do you know Trump is not guilty?
      June 18, 2017 12:41 PM MDT

Because they have been searching of months and cannot show any proof. 
      June 18, 2017 2:30 PM MDT

• How do you know? Are you part of the investigative team?
      June 18, 2017 2:30 PM MDT

Did has been testified under oath by more than one head of intelligence agencies that there was no proof of any collusion. Clapper, Comey, and others.
      June 18, 2017 4:01 PM MDT

Watergate took several years from break-in to the impeachment stage. And investigators certainly weren't sharing their findings with the public along the way. This post was edited by LyricalOne at June 19, 2017 3:11 AM MDT
      June 18, 2017 2:53 PM MDT

:):):)
      June 19, 2017 3:15 AM MDT

Comey has already admitted that Trump wasn't under investigation. The extent of Comey's accusations relate to discussion of Flynn. Comey alleges Trump said -

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."

Even if he's telling the truth (which I don't believe), that is not obstruction of justice. It's an ambiguous statement that is subject to interpretation. It's nowhere near proof of anything and it's hearsay. In free society, innocence is presumed. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at June 18, 2017 4:56 PM MDT
      June 18, 2017 3:34 PM MDT

• Firing the Director of the FBI for not letting the Russian investigation go is obstruction. Threatening to fire the Independent Council is obstruction. 

Under Trump, we are NOT a free society. His attempts to shut down the media and crush free speech are duly noted. 
    Lyricalone said...Watergate took years.  Trumps investigation may take years...well past the 2018 midterms. 

People may say what they want, but Trump's sleazy antics and double-speak say volumes.  Trump is NOW under investigation. Trump was hoping he would not be. That is why he did what he did. I'm sure we can free the American people from the yoke of this fascist criminal

June 18, 2017 3:44 PM MDT

June 19, 2017 3:12 AM MDT

June 19, 2017 3:14 AM MDT

Why would he not want to fire him?  That is not even remotely like him.  He fired Comey because he WANTED to, not because he ever listened to anyone in his life.  Why would he start now?
      June 18, 2017 11:02 AM MDT

EXACTLT! But the usual suspects who worship Trump do not comprehend that at all. You might as well be talking Martian to them!  Thank you for your reply Shar! :)
      June 19, 2017 3:13 AM MDT