Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What are the positive effects a childs life can have with a father figure?

What are the positive effects a childs life can have with a father figure?

good effects with children who grow up with a father. Share links or static. 

Posted - June 18, 2017

Responses

(What are the positive effects)
    In the context of this question, the use of the word "are" requires that the subject noun be plural. The word "effects" is the subject noun. 

or

(What is the positive effect) If the word "is" has been selected, then the subject noun must be singular: "effect".

(child's) The possessive noun requires an apostrophe. This post was edited by Randy D at June 20, 2017 9:15 AM MDT
      June 18, 2017 11:56 AM MDT

Well?
      June 18, 2017 12:46 PM MDT

they get a good male role model that way
      June 18, 2017 1:27 PM MDT

I suspect there's ample research out there.. my feeling is that a good father is an awesome and very valuable thing in a child's life... I am reading an autobiog of Dawn French, (Brit female comedian) and the things she has said of her father include that he instilled in her a lot of confidence, self-esteem and he provided a safe haven, someone she knew was always there, on her side....

I think a father can provide many things, an infinite array of good influences.. I'd think mainly stability and another person to go to for an opinion and advice...We've all seen kids who go to mummy and don't get the answer they want so they go to daddy and sometimes he is more able to listen.. sometimes it can be the reverse but having a good dad is important I feel to making a child more well rounded...

My own dad was useless I might add... as was my mother... but people with good dads and the good dads I have met seem to feel they add a lot.
      June 18, 2017 2:25 PM MDT

I wouldn't know.
      June 18, 2017 2:31 PM MDT