Active Now

Thebigd
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What limits/prevents you from being whom you want to be and doing what you want to do? Because?

What limits/prevents you from being whom you want to be and doing what you want to do? Because?

Posted - June 21, 2017

Responses

• Laziness. Lack of motivation.  Lack of self discipline. Time on Amug. Depression. 
      June 21, 2017 8:02 AM MDT

You should have begun with that last item m'dear. That drives everything else. But you don't need ME to tell you that. You already know. Is it Clinical Depression for which you take meds? If so maybe the meds stopped working and your doc needs to find something else to try. I had a friend who suffered from clinical depression and his doc would try different combinations of things through the years. Some worked. Some didn't. I guess the body builds up a tolerance to something and so you have to find something else. Anyway good luck and I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Thank you for your reply whistle and Happy Wednesday! :)
      June 21, 2017 9:06 AM MDT

• I took Lexapro for a while. It was very helpful.  But with a better home in a better neighborhood, a very changed approach to my life in general the depression is much less a factor.  But for many years it was crushing.  the laziness is a character flaw.
      June 21, 2017 7:46 PM MDT

Then I share that flaw with you whistle. I am excellent at being lazy. Now when I was younger and raising my son and working I wasn't. I couldn't afford to be. Too much was riding on me and I couldn't afford to screw it up. But after I retired and geared down(took me a few months) I now do LAZY beautifully, easily and with no guilt at all! Jim is not lazy. He is always doing something. He enjoys playing tennis and golf and putzing in the garage workshop and going out and about doing guy things like going to Harbor Freight or Lowe's or Home Depot. He is endlessly curious and gets kinda antsy if he isn't doing something. Me? I am an expert at doing nothing at all! I'm glad the depression is under control for you and hope it will always be a non-issue. My friend described his feeling of emptiness/hopelessness and some days he had no desire to even get out of bed.  I can't even almost imagine that and it must be a very heavy albatross to carry with you. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 22, 2017 2:47 AM MDT

• Thanks.
      June 22, 2017 8:23 PM MDT

You're welcome.
      June 23, 2017 2:19 AM MDT

being short does, people discriminate and then i cant get jobs
      June 21, 2017 1:47 PM MDT

Short? How does being short have anything at all to do with your ability to get a job? You need talent/ability/drive. You don't need to be beautiful or handsome or tall or athletic or brilliant. You just need to be able to perform the job you're hired to do. Are you CERTAIN it's your height and not something else? Thank you for your reply pearl. I've never heard that reason for not getting a job before. It's a new one on me.
      June 22, 2017 2:50 AM MDT