Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Sports » Since sports are on my mind (thanks Winged Wonder: :)) what sports do you like to play or wish you could play?

Since sports are on my mind (thanks Winged Wonder: :)) what sports do you like to play or wish you could play?

Posted - June 22, 2017

Responses

I like to do exercise.  I am not much on sports.  I think sports are great, but I am so not a sports person, I don't know what I would want to play.  I like anything that makes you run and jump like basketball or volleyball or tennis.   I want to move without having to notice that I am running for hours.  That is great. 

I like to bike.  I like to hike.  I like to walk and I like to swim. 
      June 22, 2017 4:49 PM MDT

That is the way to do it.  I agree.  I think it was actually very beneficial that my parents  told my sister and me to "go outside and play." As we grew, we both ended up being outdoor freaks and athletic by choice.  I'm not much for organized sports either.  I'm a good team player by nature but I really did and still do things on a team that was individual.  I never played basketball but those guys definitely put on the miles and quickly running up and down the court.  Tennis is a great example of being on a team but playing individually. (unless you played doubles)  Volleyball is a lot of fun.  I've played haphazardly on the beach but never as an organized sport.

All in all, I think being around people with the same energy and interest in sports for fun is a lot more entertaining and keeps you in great shape.  It's awesome you bike.  I wish I did.  I'm afraid the hill we live on, even if I were to just bike a mile would kill me right out the gate!! Big smiles.  That would be the end of my biking fiasco.  Better to just think I might some day and not really do it on that one!  Hahaha ! ;) 
      June 22, 2017 5:12 PM MDT

• Played a lot of Baseball in school and then Softball till I just got to old and beat up for it! Love Baseball mostest of all!
      June 22, 2017 5:00 PM MDT

"Heeyyyy Batta Batta...... SWAWING!!"

You're such a great sport Rooster and an All American Boy!
    I can totally see that!!
    We'll buy the tickets and the peanuts to the next Dodgers game if you ever can venture down this way!
    This invitation is open any time we can put it together!
    We'd have a blast!!
    Love, Merlin
    Happy! Happy! This post was edited by Merlin at June 22, 2017 6:38 PM MDT
      June 22, 2017 5:20 PM MDT

• Dodgers?????
      June 22, 2017 5:26 PM MDT

WinCraft Los Angeles Dodgers Gold Logo Team Pin
    I didn't say anything about the A's!!!  You and my parents... What am I going to do with you kids???  Dodgers or bust!!!  HUGE GIGGLES!
      June 22, 2017 5:33 PM MDT

• I liked to play road hockey and vollyball when I was a kid. I love watching MMA and NHL. I wish I was good at MMA...cos I'd like to make all my nemisis's tap OUT! Well I only have one nemesis... but I'd like her to TAP OUT!  She eats too much yogurt and smells like cat litter. I hate her guts.
      June 22, 2017 5:00 PM MDT

Now wait.  Yogurt makes the body cleanse.   That means that she shouldn't smell. I am not saying not to hate  HER, but just don't pick on the yogurt.  It is innocent here.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 22, 2017 6:39 PM MDT
      June 22, 2017 5:03 PM MDT

• She walks into my office ... at lunch time ... with four yogurt all attached. She takes one bit's from each one ... one , two , three , four ... And
    she does smell like cat litter and wears weird pants. She also touched my hair twice. I don't like her.  
      June 22, 2017 5:08 PM MDT

Me?  I am totally attracted.  And I am not even gay.   I want her. 

June 22, 2017 5:12 PM MDT

• LOL :) 
      June 22, 2017 5:15 PM MDT

Ditto Jaimie!!!
      June 22, 2017 5:36 PM MDT

Ick!!!
      June 22, 2017 5:45 PM MDT

Australian football - but I'm too small, too slow and too old, so I umpire instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfOd3EC8tug
      June 22, 2017 5:03 PM MDT

ive never been much into sports
      June 22, 2017 5:21 PM MDT

I was a avid golfer until my back and right wrist became war zones. Want to buy a set of clubs?
      June 22, 2017 5:34 PM MDT

Are they warring with each other or with the rest of your body and your mind?  I'm sure I couldn't afford your clubs but thank you for the offer.  There are a TON of golf courses out here.  In fact,  Don is building a house right on the Riviera course as I type this to you.  There is a chance you might not think I'm such a nice person as soon as I say what I'm about to but, I do have faith you will see past my innocent thought.
    Here it goes:
    For the longest time I thought golf was just a game of pool played by men with more prestige and money. 
    Please don't hate me for saying that.  I've grown up a little since then, but I thought you'd at least get a tiny smile out of it :) :)
      June 22, 2017 5:44 PM MDT

"A avid"? Who are you and what have you done with E99? The "real" E would NEVER give Randy an opening like that.
      June 22, 2017 5:47 PM MDT

I like to work out and swim.  When I was young I used to like to play football, baseball, field hockey and basketball.  I still play basketball every once in a blue moon.  I suck at it now. lol.  I used to like racquetball a lot.  I was very good at it.  No courts or people to play with where I live now. Hey, do billiards, ping pong, and playing cards count?  Would you be surprised that I was excellent at strip poker? :D   
      June 22, 2017 6:46 PM MDT

• I do some martial arts and weightlifting.
      July 2, 2017 9:05 AM MDT

• "Bowling" ... it's fun to do.

Drag Racing (sanctioned) ... used to do it, years ago.

July 4, 2017 8:40 PM MDT

• I have competed in boxing, martial arts, powerlifting, weightlifting and physique contests. 
      September 2, 2017 10:07 AM MDT

Would love to see pics of you competing! There must be lots taken. And in one of your samurai suits. That would be amazing! Thanks.
      September 2, 2017 4:05 PM MDT

I think the physique part has peaked my interest too.  A pic would be awesome!
      September 2, 2017 4:12 PM MDT