Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » When you were a kid, did you think monsters were under your bed?

When you were a kid, did you think monsters were under your bed?

Posted - June 23, 2017

Responses

LOL!  I love Gary Larson cartoons too.

I thought they were in the closet.  The access to the attic was in my closet so I was positive there was something hiding in there.
      June 23, 2017 6:47 PM MDT

Three of his books are in our garage...somewhere.
      June 23, 2017 6:50 PM MDT

Me too Harry!  They must have been related!  Beastie things weren't they?  It's giving me eerie goosebumps just thinking about them.  Ugly creatures they were and very frightening. 
    Shivers just ran up and down my spine!  
      June 25, 2017 12:27 AM MDT

I never thought anything lived in my bedroom but I did think there was a hideous creature that lived in my parent's bedroom and he stared at them all night so one night I told dad about it because I thought he should know.  I don't know how he wasn't able to see it so I described it in as much detail to him as possible.

After that mom got kind of tired of dad having to sleep with a light on.
      June 23, 2017 10:08 PM MDT

No. I thought they were in the closet. ;P
      June 23, 2017 10:29 PM MDT

carbon~ Same with Harry and Me!!  I bet they were all friends and knew each other.  The closet monsters are the worst.  I'm going to have weird dreams tonight.  I can tell.  Shudders and Shivers! 
      June 25, 2017 12:30 AM MDT

Snakes, many many snakes
      June 24, 2017 2:00 AM MDT

My sister was always there to protect me. Except for one time when I got up in the middle of the night and she hid under the bed and grabbed my ankles when I came back. Then I wished there were monsters under the bed.
      June 24, 2017 5:33 AM MDT

I might have never recovered.  Really.  I was so frightened of being in the dark and my mother did not coddle us........no lights on after bedtime.  Since I left home at 19 I have lived in a house with nightlights throughout.  If the power is out I put a big candle in a stainless steel bowl and put the bowl in the bathtub in my bathroom.  That lights up my bedroom too.   I tried to have nightlights in my own childrens rooms but they didn't want them.  Wouldn't you know?  Sometimes the apples roll away from the tree. 
      June 24, 2017 3:31 PM MDT

Thriftymaid, I had nightlights as a kid.  So did Don.  Now we have white little lights that run down one of our hallways.  The other is pitch black.  I don't venture down that one in the night.
    It's true we are all afraid of the dark and well we should be.  We are vulnerable enough without not being able to see. Around our house sometimes, that can prove to be kicking or knocking something over left on the floor!  ;) :)  Not always but sometimes!!  
      June 25, 2017 12:34 AM MDT

I thought they were in the closet and that the smoke detector in there was some kind of teleportation device they used. I also thought vampires lived in the attic because occasionally I'd hear something moving and scratching at the ceiling above my room.
      June 24, 2017 5:35 AM MDT

no, cause i knew there was no way they could fit in there
      June 24, 2017 5:29 PM MDT

A very practical and logical child you must have been pearl.  A wonderful talent to have at such a young age :) :) 
      June 25, 2017 12:36 AM MDT

I had only one extremely sneaky, very creepy, with lots of arms, sometimes hairy (but not always)  brown/black/grey, smelly, loud, and over-all very scary monster.  It lived in my closet.  
    We were just moving into this house and it was the first bedroom I had by myself.   My sister and I used to share a room.  She is older and when she turned 14, m & d thought it was time she had her own space.
    I was horrified!!!!!  Why?  What did I do?  I didn't ask to be born second!  What was wrong with them?? 
    I slept with the door open to my room for my quick get away when it came out. 
    I could make it  in nine, fear-driven, over-dramatized, stretched-out strides and one very long leap at the end into my parents bed.  There was NO way  I  would allow there to be 10 steps between their bed and my closet. 
    My monster had a friend.  His friend lived in the cherry tree outside my window.  That monster was loud!! This post was edited by Merlin at June 25, 2017 10:06 AM MDT
      June 25, 2017 12:24 AM MDT