Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Should Randy broaden his horizons and try some different diacritical marks, like umlauts?

Should Randy broaden his horizons and try some different diacritical marks, like umlauts?

I think he should give umlauts a try.

Look, Randy, umlauts!  It's OK!   You can touch them!  You can also hold them.  They really like that!

Posted - June 24, 2017

Responses

And betray my beloved tildes?  The horror!

(Here I was thinking that you knew me.)
    ~

This post was edited by Randy D at June 24, 2017 2:16 PM MDT
      June 24, 2017 12:53 AM MDT

Randy, other diacritical marks need love too!  Hopefully you can find enough love in your heart for all of them!  They can only add to the fullness of your life.
      June 24, 2017 1:58 PM MDT

Livvie, when dealing with the addictive personality, we must remember the only way to help someone is when they finally recognize, and ask for, help themselves.  Randy must choose to move on from his tildes.  We can't push him to do so.  I would suggest, once he reaches out to us for help, we start off with something slow and easy to master, like the acute accent.
      June 24, 2017 4:52 AM MDT

Why in the heck would I ask for help?  I don't need any "help". There's absolutely nothing wrong with me, I'm perfectly fine.  I function just as normally as anyone else does, and I don't need a whole bunch of budinskis stinking their big bazoos into my . . . hey, is that your tilde over there? No one claims it?  May I have it, please?  No, of course I don't collect them, only a crazy person would do that!  Wow, it looks like a Model 24E, they stopped making those when the main factory closed down in Florida. People had to settle for the cheap knock-offs from Yugoslavia for a while. "Tilde World" magazine rated the 24E as the finest version to come out since the 1960s. Of course, what you really want is an authentic one from the Royal Academy in Spain. Being American, I can't get near one of those (they trace your blood line to verify that you deserve one, you know).  I travelled to Chile one year to see one on display at a museum.  Wait do you mean "that's why I need help"?  I told you everything is a-okay. Next April, the tri-annual convention will be just across the state lines, way out in the desert somewhere. I'm saving up my money to attend. It gets harder to find venues, and fewer people go every year. That's why the conventions went to bi-annually back in 2004, and now since 2011 they're only every three years. I guess interest is dropping off. I hear a movie is coming out about tildes, but I don't know when. They've been saying that for almost 30 years now. Fans keep waiting expectantly. Spielberg is behind it, I think. Did I tell you about that one time at Tilde Camp?
    ~
      June 24, 2017 6:25 AM MDT

Tilde Camp?  Is that anything like band camp?  Please tell me there is no such as a Tilde Piccolo. 
      June 24, 2017 7:40 AM MDT

Okay Randy.  Calm it down.  Here's a paper bag.  Breathe in.  Breathe out.    Good man.

June 24, 2017 9:36 AM MDT

• I think it's time we held an intervention. 
      June 24, 2017 8:14 AM MDT

He does appear to be hitting rock bottom.
      June 24, 2017 9:37 AM MDT

• He hit rock bottom a while back....he just forgot to stop digging. :)
      June 24, 2017 5:08 PM MDT

maybe
      June 24, 2017 2:55 PM MDT