Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Are we living in the last days?

Are we living in the last days?

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/LatestVideos/pub-jwb_201706_9_VIDEO

Morality in the Last Days (2 Tim. 3:13)

2 Tim 3:1-5,13; 2 Pet 3:1-5; Matt 24; Luke 21; Mark 13

Posted - June 24, 2017

Responses

• The same tiresome and obviously unfulfilled nonsense Christians have been preaching since the time of Jesus. If it is preached long enough it will one day come to pass.  

June 24, 2017 8:35 AM MDT

Hi whistle6. Does the Bible say that there would not be some that are mistaken in their thinking of the timing? From your reading of the Bible, were those that thought they were in the last days living in a time period where all aspects of the sign given by Jesus were taking place?
      June 24, 2017 8:42 AM MDT

The bible say not to listen to false prophets. Here and now that is you.
      June 24, 2017 6:55 PM MDT

What did I prophesy? 
      June 26, 2017 9:12 AM MDT

• Jesus, who is said to be god incarnate, proclaimed this message.  He was wrong. And these "signs" war and rumors of war, immorality, turning away from god are endemic aspects of the human condition, nothing more.
      June 24, 2017 7:04 PM MDT

People have been saying that for along time with nothing to stand on. We have had alot of weird weather and natural disasters lately. Tornado outbreaks, volcanos, floods ex..I dont know, maybe.
      June 24, 2017 10:10 AM MDT

Thank you for your answer carbon. Did you watch the video and look up the cited scriptures?
      June 26, 2017 9:13 AM MDT

Cherrypicking will prove anything. And when yo cherrypick from a large volume of mostly contradictory texts, it is not hard to find support for just about whatever you might want to 'prove'.

When people do it, they are saying more about themselves than about anyone else.

My guess that his 'target' is 'the youth of today', it is one of the most popular ones.
      June 24, 2017 10:22 AM MDT

Cherrypicking? What did he leave out that was relevant and contradictory so as he needed to cherry pick?
      June 24, 2017 10:33 AM MDT

As you may have already guessed I did not even bother to listen to the video.
    'I will continue in that way for a little while if you don mind.

- He did not mention Jesus's commandment to love your neighbor and to forgive him his trangressions.
    ref: Matthew 18:21
    - He did not mention predictions of false prophets arising and confusing many (much less the likelihood that he himself might be one of them)
    ref: Jeremiah 23:16
      June 24, 2017 10:48 AM MDT

Sorry, I thought that your post about cherrypicking had something to do with this question. Didn't realize you didn't watch the video and your post was irrelevant to the topic.
      June 26, 2017 9:21 AM MDT

So far I have said only that many other in this thread have already said. I assume that some of them actually watched your video. I have just seen and read too many such 'predictions of the end'. There is a sameness to them that does not go away. no matter how 'loyal' a JW(/baptist,7thDayAdventist,...) you are.
      June 27, 2017 2:48 AM MDT

I can't believe that you think that all Christians should be locked up. Sad you feel that way.
      June 27, 2017 6:29 AM MDT

That's the same kind of mentality that thinks all Muslims are terrorists.

June 27, 2017 6:30 AM MDT

Ephesians 3:9-21 -'a world without end'
    Ecclesiastes 1:4
    Psalm 78:69, 93:1, 96:10, 104:5, 119^40

www.prophecyrefi.org/our-teachings/two-creations/why-the-world-will-never-end/

June 24, 2017 10:52 AM MDT

You usually try to be demeaning towards me so not sure what the point of your post was this time? Good scriptures in showing that the planet is not going to be destroyed as some think but that like in the days of Noah, it is a world of ungodly men that is to be destroyed.

(Ecclesiastes 1:4) A generation is going, and a generation is coming, But the earth remains forever.
    (Psalm 78:69) He made his sanctuary as enduring as the heavens, Like the earth that he has established forever.
    (Psalm 93:1) Jehovah has become King! With grandeur he is clothed; Jehovah is clothed with strength; He wears it like a belt. The earth is firmly established; It cannot be moved.
    (Psalm 96:10) Declare among the nations: “Jehovah has become King! The earth is firmly established, it cannot be moved. He will judge the peoples fairly.”
    (Psalm 104:5) He has established the earth on its foundations; It will not be moved from its place forever and ever.

(Proverbs 2:21, 22) For only the upright will reside in the earth, And the blameless will remain in it. 22 As for the wicked, they will be cut off from the earth, And the treacherous will be torn away from it.
    (Psalm 37:10, 11) Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.
    (2 Peter 3:5-7) For they deliberately ignore this fact, that long ago there were heavens and an earth standing firmly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and that by those means the world of that time suffered destruction when it was flooded with water. 7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that now exist are reserved for fire and are being kept until the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly people.
      June 26, 2017 9:20 AM MDT

When you say 'the last days' do you mean last days of earthly existence or last days of Satanic rule?
    The first few verses suggest the world will never end (until we get suckered into a black hole or something ) and the last few verses suggest days of Satanic wickedness will end.

Interesting stuff but I would not take too seriously these stories that were written by men who were inspired by their belief in God. 
      June 26, 2017 10:00 AM MDT

So then although you don't believe in the Bible, you see it saying that the earth will be here forever but that Satanic rule will end, right?

(2 Corinthians 4:3, 4) If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.
    (John 14:30) I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no hold on me.
    (Ephesians 2:2) in which you at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience.
    (1 John 5:19) We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.

(Genesis 3:15) And I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your offspring and her offspring. He will crush your head, and you will strike him in the heel.”
    (1 John 3:8) The one who practices sin originates with the Devil, because the Devil has been sinning from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, to break up the works of the Devil.
    (Hebrews 2:14) Therefore, since the “young children” are sharers of blood and flesh, he also similarly shared in the same things, so that through his death he might bring to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil,
    (Revelation 12:9) So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.
      June 26, 2017 10:07 AM MDT

I said Earth will be here till we are consumed by a black hole or something. 
     Not believing in the bible might give you the impression that I do not believe in Satanic rule.
      June 26, 2017 1:29 PM MDT

Quote: [The first few verses suggest the world will never end (until we get suckered into a black hole or something ) and the last few verses suggest days of Satanic wickedness will end.]
    Sorry, I missed that part. I don't see how those verses say 'until we get suckered into a black hole or something'.

I am under the impression that you don't believe in the Bible, don't believe in God, don't believe in Satan. Amirite?

Let's try this again: So then although you don't believe in the Bible, you see it saying that the earth will be here forever but that Satanic rule will end, right? (Just because you don't believe in the Bible doesn't mean that you can't say what you think it says I don't believe in the Quran but there are certain things that I believe the Quran says.)
      June 26, 2017 1:35 PM MDT

No.  Yes.  This post was edited by Kittigate at June 26, 2017 3:08 PM MDT
      June 26, 2017 3:06 PM MDT

I am a bit confused. Is this correct application of your no and yes?
    I am under the impression that you don't believe in the Bible, don't believe in God, don't believe in Satan. Amirite? No.

Let's try this again: So then although you don't believe in the Bible, you see it saying that the earth will be here forever but that Satanic rule will end, right? Yes
      June 26, 2017 3:19 PM MDT

Guess I meant yes - no.
      June 26, 2017 3:35 PM MDT

Lol. You're cracking me up. 
    I'm still a bit confused though. 

So then although you don't believe in the Bible, you see it saying that the earth will be here forever but that Satanic rule will end, right? No

You don't believe that the Bible says the earth will be here forever even though you posted scriptures that say that?
    You don't believe that the Bible says that Satanic rule will end?
      June 26, 2017 6:27 PM MDT

Absolutely, Tex.

Absolutely.  But not the end as most people think of the end.  This is the end of the world as we know it.   This is not the end of the physical planet or the end of the world as you may think of it.

We are currently undergoing significant change and it is happening so rapidly at present, that the end of life as we are used to it is upon us. 

There may be many wars, but not of the kind that will blow up the planet necessarily, but it COULD happen that enough of the world is decimated that we are forced backwards technology-wise.  As far as the Biblical signs, the predictions of those in the know spiritually?   I think we are in for some very bad situations.  Then, after all is said and done, I think we will have a peace.  I think we will have a glorious re-birth of humanity where we are more concerned with the value of honoring our brothers and sisters as one and the same, rather than fighting with the US against THEM mentality.

I know this sounds like a pie-in-the-sky hopefulness, but like you, I also study religion and I also study trends and I think I am on to something.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 27, 2017 1:01 PM MDT
      June 24, 2017 11:00 AM MDT