Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do Scientologists worship L. Ron Hubbard? Their lesser gods are power, wealth, fame, success. Why are so many actors members?

Do Scientologists worship L. Ron Hubbard? Their lesser gods are power, wealth, fame, success. Why are so many actors members?

Posted - June 28, 2017

Responses

Actors have been 'cultivated' bu scientology for a long time, on the basis that having well know people talk about scientology would make more people willing to take it seriously.

And no. Hubbard is not worshiped as a god. Actually it is kind of embarrasing for them that he died after loudly claiming (In the book Dianetics) that that is not a nessesary thing for anyone to do. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at June 28, 2017 9:35 AM MDT
      June 28, 2017 4:46 AM MDT

Thank you for your very helpful reply JakobA. Why are actors so vulnerable/gullible and buy whatever the he** it is] they sell?
      June 28, 2017 9:37 AM MDT

No more than Muslims worship Muhammad, or Christians worship Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Paul. Hubbard is their prophet, not their god.

L Ron actually was a pretty fair sf writer in his day. Trouble is, he started believing it. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at June 28, 2017 9:39 AM MDT
      June 28, 2017 4:47 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Sbf. I just don't get the "magic" that draws celebrities in and keeps them in.  :)
      June 28, 2017 9:38 AM MDT

Oh you are totally off the beam on this one Slarti.  NO.  Not even close. 

Please.  Read a book before you try this on me.
      June 28, 2017 12:56 PM MDT

I think they think of Hubbard as their leader and follow is word much like other cults do.
    Many of the actors stay in because there is to much on them that would be exposed if they ever left.
      June 28, 2017 12:48 PM MDT

It is EXACTLY like the Trump voter puppets.  They believe ANYTHING he says.  It is sad.  The people that wake up and get out, have the real tales to tell. 

It is quite easy to get suckered in when you have no real idea of what your soul, conscience, and inner core really are.  They think that these SCIENTISTS are telling them the truth when they are groomed into thinking they are SPECIAL and they need to give MONEY and lots of it to prove they are special.

It is the same thing all con artists do.  They can be Mexican healers, Yogic masters from India, the guy on the street panhandling.  All are cheats and trying to tug at your emotions rather than your intellect and common sense.

They hypnotize you with what they KNOW you think you need and they never let go. 

June 28, 2017 12:55 PM MDT

I had no idea how bad it really was until I watched the Lisa Remy show on Scientology.
    Coming out of a cult myself, it really hit home with me. It has a lot of things in common with the one I was involved in.
      June 28, 2017 1:02 PM MDT

Congrats on getting out :-))
      June 29, 2017 5:19 AM MDT

Thank you
      June 29, 2017 8:50 AM MDT

they probably like being members
      June 28, 2017 3:22 PM MDT