Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Has someone ever saved your life?

Has someone ever saved your life?

Posted - June 28, 2017

Responses

Many have.

My mom and dad? Countless times.  People who don't hit me when I am on the road?  You need to count that as well, because if they wanted to, they could at any time.  Just thinking about that makes me woozy.

June 28, 2017 9:01 AM MDT

I was thinking along the same lines.
      June 28, 2017 9:42 AM MDT

That photo is in Tampa.  Tamiami Trail started as a road between Tampa and Miami.  I live right off of Tamiami.  Not in Tampa and not in Miami but somewhere in between.  Somewhere where there is little traffic and clean air.  :)
      June 28, 2017 8:11 PM MDT

Yes.  When my son was only 4 years old when I had a seizure and fell face first into a tub full of water, while bathing my youngest.  Our son saw this happen and pulled my head up by my hair.  He also let the water drain,  got his younger sister out of the tub, and got a pillow to rest my head on.  Then, he waited until I finished having the seizure and ran next door to get my neighbor. Our neighbor helped me out of the tub and watched me until my hubby came home from work. 
    This post was edited by SA (SuperA) at June 28, 2017 7:29 PM MDT
      June 28, 2017 9:07 AM MDT

Wow!
    That's very moving to me in an emotional way. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 28, 2017 11:19 AM MDT
      June 28, 2017 9:54 AM MDT

We taught all 4 of our kids what to do if I had a seizure. I still don't know how my son learned to do what he did though.  I'm just glad he reacted so quickly.  
      June 28, 2017 10:08 AM MDT

Yes, I"m glad, too!
    :)
      June 28, 2017 10:12 AM MDT

June 28, 2017 9:07 AM MDT

Yes. When I was around 3 Years old I managed to fall into a Swedish river. One of the grownups noticed and fished me out.
      June 28, 2017 9:35 AM MDT

Probably  more people have than I'll ever know.

But, in another way, this next part is weird, I admit.
    Maybe 'saving my life' is an extreme way to put it, but at times when I've been uptight/down/anxious, this song by
    The Fray "How To Save a Life,"
    sets my being in to alignment somehow.

Years after loving the song, I only just recently watched the music video to the song - - where they found the cast for this video, I don't know, but they're all perfect. The video moves me.
    (and the lead singer of The Fray I've always found very handsome, so he's an extra bonus in the video! His name escapes me now - - )

UPDATE! Ha! I originally wrote the song was by Coldplay! I get those groups confused sometimes.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 28, 2017 11:20 AM MDT
      June 28, 2017 10:02 AM MDT

More than a few people have saved my life.  

As a little girl, I opened the car door during a car ride and my older brother grabbed me just in time.

I was at a rock concert with the same brother when I got caught in a crowd stampede.  To this day, I don't know how my brother was able to grab me and get me out, but he did.  He's not a very tall guy, so it must have been shear will for him to not get crushed himself.

I had a diving accident where I was knocked on the back of my head and went under.  A life guard pulled a very stunned me out of the water.

I don't doubt there are countless other times I had someone intervene that likely saved my life.  
      June 28, 2017 10:35 AM MDT

yes, once when i was about 6 or so, i was at this sleepaway camp and they took us to the beach that day, a lot of kids got caught in a tidal wave, my twin sister and brother too, i got pulled out by a tidal wave, someone took me out, i have no idea who it was, i dont even remember that part but i do remember going under the water, my twin told me she remembers this older guy coming to get her and she was so glad when she saw he was holding on to me at the same time, wish i could remember that but i dont
      June 28, 2017 10:58 AM MDT