Discussion » Questions » answerMug » I receive many notifications that there are answers or comments to my posts, but when I click on them, nothing's there. What is going on?

I receive many notifications that there are answers or comments to my posts, but when I click on them, nothing's there. What is going on?

Posted - June 29, 2017

Responses

Doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo.......;)
      June 29, 2017 8:35 PM MDT

Everything is topsy turvy..I'm thinking of asking questions via msgs;))
      June 29, 2017 11:20 PM MDT

Sounds like bodily interference. Have you cleaned out the lint in your belly button lately? How about that crap between your toes?  
      June 30, 2017 12:15 AM MDT

Hey, wait one second there!  I'll have you know that I never ever miss bath night, no matter which full moon it falls on!

Grrrrrrrr!
    ~
      June 30, 2017 4:46 AM MDT

• It's the tildes......They have turned on you.......
      June 30, 2017 4:48 AM MDT

Don't ever say that, not even in jest, please. Some things cannot be joked about, Karen. 
    ~
      June 30, 2017 5:00 AM MDT

• It's true!!  I hung this sign outside my door

Image result for bad tildeImage result for bad tilde

and now they are loyal to me. They said I showed them more appreciation, said you took them for granted. 
    We are watching you....
    Image result for bad tilde

I give up! My other pic wouldn't post. This i becoming more trouble than it's wrth.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 30, 2017 6:21 PM MDT
      June 30, 2017 8:05 AM MDT

That's it!  I want an immediate annulment, I get full custody of the tildes, and you have to pay me for support. Grrrrrrr. 
    ~
      July 1, 2017 6:11 AM MDT

it might be some kind of glitch, ask just asking about it
      June 30, 2017 3:57 PM MDT

The notification systems doesn't work well for me.  I get sometimes four notifications for the same thing.  The system is still burdensome.  When we click on a notification I wish it would take us to the activity of which we are notified or at least highlight it.  Taking me to the top of the OP so I can scroll is something I got tired of doing and just don't.  I do for a comment but not for a like.  I appreciate the likes and take note of who generally likes my answers and comments.  
      June 30, 2017 6:20 PM MDT

I agree with you. (Too bad you'll never know it; you would have had to click on a notification and scroll down to see what I've written.)
    ~
      June 30, 2017 8:38 PM MDT

I scroll and find the comments.  It's the likes that cause the frustration.  Sometimes I'll have 40 notifications and 36 of them are likes.  I can click 10 likes and it takes me to the same OP.  It's time consuming and frustrating.  I don't know if I get more than one notification for one like or what but I never hear anyone complaint about notifications so I wondered if it was just me.  I don't think it is now.  
      June 30, 2017 9:51 PM MDT

Haven't been around much but it does get annoying not being brought to my answer/comment but rather the top of the question page when checking out an alert. I'm also brought back up there after checking to see who liked my answer. 

Scrollin, scrollin, scrollin, keep AMers scrollin......
      June 30, 2017 10:31 PM MDT

scrollhide......

Also clicking the browser back button so so many times.  I really hate to whine about stuff but how the site works matters.  I know Ms. Ja has worked very very hard on it and don't mean to deprecate her efforts in any way. She did a 100% renovation on the site which for the most part is good.
      July 1, 2017 4:02 PM MDT