Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Some believe. Some don't. So what? Besides Scientology what religion do YOU think is BOGUS and why?

Some believe. Some don't. So what? Besides Scientology what religion do YOU think is BOGUS and why?

Posted - June 30, 2017

Responses

Landover Baptist Church and Pastafarianism.

They are actually more of parody religions than considered as bogus.
      June 30, 2017 4:29 AM MDT

couldn't find out why "Landover"
      July 1, 2017 5:43 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Kg and Happy Sunday to thee! :)
      July 2, 2017 3:36 AM MDT

Any religion that protects child molesters because there were not two people who witnessed the abuse is bogus to me.
    Any religion who shuns friends and family members because they left the religion is bogus to me.
    Any leader of a religion who uses other means besides the bible to get people to follow their agenda is bogus to me.
    Any religion who cuts out family and friends who do not believe the way they do is bogus to me.
    Like Scientology, if other religions share those things in common they are not only bogus, they are a cult and should be avoided at all costs. This post was edited by Lulu'sMom at July 2, 2017 3:36 AM MDT
      June 30, 2017 11:02 AM MDT

Well put!!!

Originals crowd applause clapping cheering GIF
      June 30, 2017 11:07 AM MDT

Thank you honey!
      June 30, 2017 11:11 AM MDT

You are quite welcome.  :)
      June 30, 2017 11:12 AM MDT

Nicely articulated Lulu'sMom. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      July 2, 2017 3:37 AM MDT

Thanks Rosie, and happy Sunday to you too.
      July 2, 2017 6:31 AM MDT

I pretty much don't bash religions except for Scientology.  I think that Satanism is a religion too.  

Its an unfortunate religion for those that don't worship the devil, but rather man and his silly ego.  As I have previously stated, most religions are victims of their goofy fans.

I think this is part of the Westboro Baptist Church faction.  No one is going to tell me Baptists are really like these pigs.

Then there are Mormons.  The majority of them are really nice folk, but look at Warren Jessup and those evils.

I won't get started on our Christian brothers and sisters.  That is about 100 pages of atrocities committed.  Same with people pretending to be Muslim.

It's the people as a rule, not the faith they claim to follow.

June 30, 2017 11:19 AM MDT

I expected in most cases "It's the people as a rule, not the faith they claim to follow." unless that faith originates from such people, of course.
      July 1, 2017 5:49 PM MDT

Yes.  But I really see few religions that are even close to as messed up as the clueless who profess to be experts but have their own agenda.  So they take (as you know, I am sure) a perfectly innocent religion and defame it in the name of God.  Sick.  But God forgives them because they know not what they do.

I support any belief system that tries to elevate man and give him purpose and structure to his life in a positive way.
      July 1, 2017 5:53 PM MDT

I love your "I support any belief system that tries to elevate man and give him purpose and structure to his life in a positive way."

July 2, 2017 2:47 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply  Shar and the graphic. Happy Sunday! :)
      July 2, 2017 3:34 AM MDT

i think its up to god to judge whats bogus and what isnt
      June 30, 2017 2:44 PM MDT

You have no opinion?
      July 2, 2017 3:38 AM MDT

Some believe. Some don't. So what? Besides Scientology what religion do YOU think is BOGUS and why?

==========================================================================

1- “Some believe. Some don't. So what?” ---------------------- So what? I think so division and conflict or potential conflict.

2- “Besides Scientology what religion do YOU think is BOGUS and why?”

a] Scientology is obviously NOT considered BOGUS by Scientologists.  “why?” – because they follow it.

b] I think in general, to the followers of ANY particular religion, all other religions are BOGUS in one way or another. “Why?” because one or more aspects of those religions [whether true or untrue] are not acceptable to them.

c] to atheists ALL religions are BOGUS. “Why?” because to them they’re all concocted by men for their own agendas.

July 2, 2017 2:41 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply CLURT and Happy Sunday.
      July 2, 2017 3:35 AM MDT

• All religions are bogus. They are simply scams that give great power and much money to churches. Joel Olsteen has $40,000,000 for instance. There is no objective evidence that any gods exist. Sacred books are so ignorant that they refute the existence of the gods in them, as such men as Thomas Jefferson, Isaac Asimov and Mark Twain noted. Objectively reading the Bible proves God cannot possibly be real. The same is true of the Quran, Torah, Book of Moron, Eddas, Vedas, etc., etc. !
      July 2, 2017 8:38 AM MDT

• All religions are bogus. They are simply scams that give great power and much money to churches. Joel Olsteen has $40,000,000 for instance. There is no objective evidence that any gods exist. Sacred books are so ignorant that they refute the existence of the gods in them, as such men as Thomas Jefferson, Isaac Asimov and Mark Twain noted. Objectively reading the Bible proves God cannot possibly be real. The same is true of the Quran, Torah, Book of Moron, Eddas, Vedas, etc., etc. !
      July 2, 2017 8:38 AM MDT