Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Vegans/Vegetarians are not the same. Meateaters are the enemy of both. Will the hate escalate one day into all-out battle to the death?

Vegans/Vegetarians are not the same. Meateaters are the enemy of both. Will the hate escalate one day into all-out battle to the death?

Posted - June 30, 2017

Responses

That is nuts.

I am a vegetarian, actually a pescatarian because I do eat fish.  But I don't hate anyone who eats meat.

Nor do any vegetarians.   I know vegans can be really nitpicky, but they are too self-involved to really care about what Joe Blow eats for dinner.

Why do you say such nonsense?  That is something like ALL MEXICANS ARE RAPISTS AND CRIMINALS. 

Watch yourself.  You don't need to be accusing innocent people who want to stay healthy of being rotten and judgmental. 
      June 30, 2017 7:09 AM MDT

Seriously?
      July 10, 2017 5:02 AM MDT

True....they are not the "same".   I know of NO vegans or vegetarians  who  "hate" those who eat meat, including me.   
      June 30, 2017 10:35 AM MDT

You don't eat anything with a face. How much are you bothered by people who do? Why?  Thank you for your reply Piper and Happy Monday to you! :)
      July 10, 2017 5:03 AM MDT

I have always been bothered by the reality that many animals need to kill and eat other animals for survival, and not necessarily in that order.  The only human animals who eat meat that "bother" me very much, are those who make a  big deal about how much they don't care about the suffering of the animals they choose to eat.  

Short answer there, RosieG, and a happy day to you as well. 

This post was edited by Piper at July 11, 2017 2:59 AM MDT
      July 10, 2017 4:31 PM MDT

How do you feel about those who hunt and kill for the thrill and then mount the heads on the walls of their trophy rooms to prove how great they are? Thank you for your reply Piper and Happy Tuesday.  I am honestly torn/have mixed feelings. I'm a hypocrite. I don't believe in killing animals for their fur but i wear leather shoes, have a leather coat and two leather purses. We are more vegetarian in our food choices and could convert easily but we do eat meat on occasion. I think if things were reversed in a different universe animals would rule a la Planet of the Apes and human heads would be mounted on trophy walls. That disgusts me no more or less than what Hunters do. There are animals bred simply  for food. I read an article a couple of years ago about the inhumane conditions of chickens. It was so sad. There are puppy mills too. Of course we don't eat them but they are raised without love or concern for their health/comfort and often arrive at a pet store already broken in spirit and ill. That is unconscionable. Thank you for your reply Piper and Happy Tuesday! :)
      July 11, 2017 3:05 AM MDT

I despise people who think killing an animal is a "thrill".  I do not think that animals being bred for food, is any kind of excuse for the inhumane way they are commonly treated.  I think it is morally reprehensible, that it is legal to breed and keep any kind of animal in inhumane conditions.   

In the meantime....I share my heart and home with animals who need to eat meat. I buy food for them that contains it. I would not buy a leather coat, but I have bought smaller items made of leather when I couldn't find an alternative that worked for me, and I needed it.  We all have ways of rationalizing some things we do somehow, don't you think?    

July 13, 2017 3:24 PM MDT

Indeed. Rationalizing is in our DNA methinks although to be honest with you  I haven't found a logical way to rationalize what I do. In retrospect though I think it's because when I was younger it simply didn't occur to me. My mom was a professional seamstress and also worked on furs. She had a fur coat and I had no problem with it. She also had an in-home alteration business and among the things she altered were fur coats. When I was very young I loved the feel of the fur. It was so soft. But I remember in my early teens I changed. I thought killing animals for their fur just to wear a coat was unconscionable since there were so many other alternatives! I have felt that way ever since. It was only as an adult I realized I had no problem with leather things and in fact I was shocked that I could have been so oblivious. It is entirely possible to hold two contradictory positions simultaneously and not be aware of it. That was me then. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Piper and Happy Friday. We have a cat, Tigger. I feed him cat food that is tuna- or turkey- or beef- or salmon-based and never think twice about  it! :). This post was edited by RosieG at July 14, 2017 6:34 PM MDT
      July 14, 2017 3:41 AM MDT

people shouldnt be hating cause of stuff like that
      June 30, 2017 1:53 PM MDT

I think it's just a vocal minority that hate meat-eaters. Some meat-eaters are turds to vegans and vegetarians, too.
    Anyway, if that were to happen, I somehow don't think it would end too well for team veggie. And what would happen to the cool chill vegetarians and vegans? Would they be dragged into it?
      July 1, 2017 6:15 AM MDT

Vegans/Vegetarians don't eat anything with a face  I have read. I wonder how much that bothers them? Do they look at those who do eat meat as murderers? Now I don't believe in killing animals for their fur. But I do wear leather shoes. I guess  I am mixed up Patch. I have also read of all the food that could be available to humans if we didn't use so much land to grow things animals eat so we can fatten them up for the kill. It's complicated m'dear.  Thank you for your thoughtful answer and Happy Monday! :)
      July 10, 2017 5:07 AM MDT

• You don't need to lump people together into groups of hate all the time. Not everyone hates anyone who thinks or acts differently than they do. Not all Dems hate all Reps, not all Reps hate all Dems. Not all straights hate all gays, not all gays hate all straights....and that list can go on into infinity. I don't know where you get your information on most of the things you post, but you really should consider other sources. My daughter is vegetarian and she doesn't hate people who eat meat. I have a good friend who is, like Sharona, a pescatarian , and he doesn't hate meat eaters. He's also gay and he doesn't hate straight people. Posting questions like this only does two things, it shows you are trying to spread hate, and it makes you look very uninformed. 
      July 1, 2017 6:42 AM MDT

My brother has always been a fykie eater, but that's no reason for us to hate each other. 
      July 1, 2017 6:45 AM MDT

"Fykie"? That's a new one on me Malizz. What does it mean? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      July 11, 2017 2:58 AM MDT

If your hate goes to the point of violence then the meat eaters will eat the vegans/vegetarians. Problem solved.
      July 1, 2017 7:32 AM MDT

Hate? What is WRONG with you?
      July 1, 2017 9:00 AM MDT