Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Violence is part of every religion and even sanctified. Communistic Soviet Union/Italy's Stalin were atheists. Are all humans VIOLENT?

Violence is part of every religion and even sanctified. Communistic Soviet Union/Italy's Stalin were atheists. Are all humans VIOLENT?

Christianity/Islam/Atheist/Communist. Makes no difference. All have long histories of murdering people who don't follow the specific tenets of the time. Christians are no better than Muslims and Atheists like Stalin and the Soviet Union when Communism reigned all MURDERED people who did not buy the religious party line of that time. So it isn't whether you are religious or not that governs anything. It is whether you are humane and sane. Isn't it? Just a few examples

The Crusades (Christian)
Jihads (Islam)
The Inquisition(s) (Christian)
Holocaust (Christian)
Muslim  Conquests  (Islam)
KKK Murders (Christianity)
Genocide of Native Americans (Christianity)
9/11 (Islam)
Armenian Genocide (Islam)

What a sad history.

Posted - July 1, 2017

Responses

How is violence part of the Quakers, the Jehovah's Witnesses, Buddhism, and such other religions that stress peacefulness as their very basic tenets?

Oh, wait, you've lied again as the opening premise to spew your drivel.  Why should today be any different than any other day?

July 1, 2017 6:04 AM MDT

How is violence part of the Quakers, the Jehovah's Witnesses, Buddhism, and such other religions that stress peacefulness as their very basic tenets?

July 1, 2017 6:05 AM MDT

not all humans are violent and it shouldnt be part of a religion
      July 1, 2017 2:17 PM MDT

I am not religious for many reasons, one I do not believe in the traditional god, partly for this exact reason. And yes, i believe all humans are capable of violence.
      July 1, 2017 2:41 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply cp. I agree. I suppose given the right circumstances any human can become violent. :(
      July 2, 2017 4:44 AM MDT