Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What is your definition of conservatives? (As Republicans).

What is your definition of conservatives? (As Republicans).

I found this one definition. There were many. I thought parts of it were funny. "They dislike arugula! Ha! 

Posted - July 2, 2017

Responses

Conservative, n. A statesman enamored of existing evils, as opposed to a Liberal, who wants to replace them with others.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)
      July 2, 2017 11:36 AM MDT

My dad was a republican and he may have been conservative in manner, he was nothing like the conservatives of today.
      July 2, 2017 12:07 PM MDT

not sure, i dont even know what it means
      July 2, 2017 2:58 PM MDT

Conservative.

A self-centered person who thinks only he is entitled to whatever he sows.  No one else is responsible for all that hard work and effort he puts into his work.  Even though his work would not be possible without the rest of society, he thinks it all belongs to him and does not want to be taxed when it means sharing the bounty with those less fortunate who may not have had the advantages bunghole had growing up.

#Conservative. 
      July 2, 2017 3:18 PM MDT

Nonsense. Conservatives are well aware that all economies depend on individuals cooperating with other individuals. You delusionally think that "society" does this. There are just individuals interacting with other individuals. Some individuals contribute more to society than others. Some people do nothing.

I'm well aware that I couldn't operate without others. Though they also couldn't operate without me. So I don't owe them anything because the debt cancels out.

You talk as if paying taxes is only way people contribute to society. Obviously people contribute simply by working and consuming.

You talk as if everyone does their job for free and we all owe each other. That's not true. They were paid in proportion to their contribution. The debt has been settled already.

Conservatives are more than willing to give generously to those less fortunate. Though one inspires generosity by showing some gratitude and not by being an entitled **** who thinks they're owed something.
      July 3, 2017 1:58 PM MDT

Conservative:
    Pro Religious Freedom
    ProLife
    Pro 2nd amendment
    Pro strong miltary
    Strong border
    Lower taxes 
    Less regulation
    Believes in having a safety net for the poor with a work requirement

July 2, 2017 9:37 PM MDT