Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Anyone ever have a small skin growth you thought could maybe be skin cancer?

Anyone ever have a small skin growth you thought could maybe be skin cancer?

I have had a small growth at my hairline since last fall, and it was quite small so thought nothing of it. I just saw today it appeared a couple millimeters bigger, and seemed dark and also light brown. I do have fair skin and while I typically put  sunscreen on if I'll be any length in the sun, I've checked my skin over the years (and dermatologist) and it has been fine. I may set up an appointment about this small change on this small growth but it alarmed me a little. Has anyone here ever had a change to their skin /skin tag, for up to a year? What was your experience like? Have you ever had skin cancer?

Posted - July 3, 2017

Responses

I have not but your seeing a dermatologist certainly seems like a wise decision. Better safe than sorry. 
      July 4, 2017 1:25 AM MDT

i once had a mole checked near my nose but it turned out to be nothing
      July 4, 2017 3:00 PM MDT

Don't guess. Have someone look at it like a doctor.

July 4, 2017 3:07 PM MDT

I have a couple of moles I ask to be looked at occasionally, plus a curious itchy patch that doesn't appear to have any specific cause.

Most worrying was not on the skin, but a peculiar little hard lump on the back of my head. I discovered only when the cradle of a safety-helmet chafed the skin over it slightly. An X-ray showed it was a just a little hard lump of bone. It hasn't increased over the 8 or 10 years since I noticed it.
      July 19, 2017 6:13 PM MDT