Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Today I purchased a bag of North Korean style kim chi. Am I disloyal to the US?

Today I purchased a bag of North Korean style kim chi. Am I disloyal to the US?

Posted - July 5, 2017

Responses

i dont think so
      July 6, 2017 4:34 PM MDT

• "That's probably not an issue here."

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 6, 2017 4:55 PM MDT
      July 6, 2017 4:43 PM MDT

Depends on whether you're serving that up with Doberman or with Beagle? 
      July 6, 2017 4:54 PM MDT

Because we in the USA only serve slaughtered cows and pigs.  We are so elevated.
      July 6, 2017 4:55 PM MDT

Just a reference to which canine would be more likely to be on a North Korea dinner table and which would be more commonly available in the USA, not an indictment of anyone's culture. (And yes, I know, the Doberman is German, the Beagle English.)

And it's quite commendable that you have no cultural bias regarding protein sources, going so far as to defend the North Korean consumption of canine. After all, their exhausted leader is highly encouraging consumption of dog meat in North Korea:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3741712/Kim-Jong-labels-DOG-MEAT-superfood-bid-encourage-starving-North-Koreans-eat-advises-beat-animals-death-improve-taste.html. And https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/87/92/0a/87920a356c7b091f438a96b304851b75.jpg

As to the list of animal protein consumed in the USA you forgot horse on your listing of red meats. It hasn't been that long ago that equine steaks and burgers were a possibility on the menu in the US. You can still find it commercially available in Europe, particularly northern France and Belgium. And while it's been a long time since I sampled a "Triggerburger" both rodent and lagomorph have been on the menu more recently. (Squirrel pot-pie or rabbit stew anyone?) Bon appetit!
      July 6, 2017 11:35 PM MDT