Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Dogs can hear things humans can't because their hearing range is greater. Might they also see things humans can't due to limited vision?

Dogs can hear things humans can't because their hearing range is greater. Might they also see things humans can't due to limited vision?

Posted - July 8, 2017

Responses

I'm pretty sure they have poor eyesight compared to us, or are you talking about seeing ghosts and stuff?
      July 8, 2017 5:38 AM MDT

No Patch. It's just that sometimes our cat Tigger stares out at something (we think) we can't see. I don't know if it is too small for us to see it at a distance when it's kinda dark outside. He could just be seeing what we see but his glance is so intense I just wondered why? Can animals see in the dark as well as they can see in the light? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      July 8, 2017 6:31 AM MDT

I think cats are just more amused by tiny little bugs flying around than we are. To them, it's fun. To us, it's just annoying.
      July 8, 2017 6:41 AM MDT

Now that you mention it he does LOVE jumping up at moths and butterflies. We have a large outside light on the back patio and it attracts bugs. When he's out he just stares and stares and sometimes starts jumping up. Thank you for your reply. Makes a lotta sense. Happy Sunday Patch! :)
      July 9, 2017 4:54 AM MDT

Cats do seem to have a different way of 'seeing' objects. At night, my cat stares off into darkness and sometimes runs off to chase something. He can focus better at movement we cannot see. If a blade of grass moves in a field of weeds, it gets his attention. 
      July 8, 2017 1:37 PM MDT

Exactly bh! Ours does that too! I stare in the direction of what he could be going after and sometimes see nothing there. So cats are better at seeing things in motion? That could be it! Thank you for your reply and Happy  Sunday! :)
      July 9, 2017 4:56 AM MDT

its possible
      July 8, 2017 2:50 PM MDT