Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Military » Fighter pilots...

Fighter pilots...

I was watching a YT video and several shots of fighter jets were featured.  In these the jet would do a roll over so it was upside down.  Is this a generally used technique or a bit of flash for the cameras?  Also at what altitude does a pilot required an oxygen mask?

Posted - July 10, 2017

Responses

I just stopped by to meet the fighter pilots.  ;-)

(Correct the word in the header before Randy gets you! Lol )
      July 10, 2017 3:40 PM MDT

• Thank you for this most useful and informative comment.  It is uplifting to know there is another coprophage who takes satisfaction in pointing out a slight typo.  Does doing so make you feel superior?  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 10, 2017 7:01 PM MDT
      July 10, 2017 4:32 PM MDT

No problemo.  ;-)
      July 10, 2017 4:37 PM MDT

• Cute.  Am I glad to have such an engaging and intelligent response.  The inane winking smiley face is a nice touch. 
      July 10, 2017 4:43 PM MDT

Wow, I saw your little spat with Randy and felt he was in the wrong so I thought I'd stop by with a lighthearted heads up. But apparently you have a sense of humor like a piece of wood and part of it's lodged up your behind. So I won't bother trying to locate it again. 

I'm a lot of things pal, but unintelligent and inane aren't among them. You really oughta consider an attitude check.  ;-)
      July 10, 2017 4:49 PM MDT

• So many juvenile quips. This post proves the opposite of what you state. Not only is it unintelligent and inane but vacuous as well.
      July 10, 2017 7:23 PM MDT

So rather than just acknowledge a misunderstanding with someone who was being supportive, you stubbornly cling to your point of view.

Proving my take on you was right on the money.  
      July 10, 2017 7:55 PM MDT

These days it is mostly for showing off. But some planes may be better armored on the top than on the bottom, then the pilot will 'roll' the plan to have his best armor on the side facing the enemy plane. The pilot is thoroughly strapped in so it does not much matter to him which side is 'up'.
      July 10, 2017 4:13 PM MDT

ive never seen them do that but it sounds like a hard thing to do
      July 10, 2017 4:19 PM MDT

Answer #1.   Yes,'

Answer #2.  About tree fiddy.

July 10, 2017 7:02 PM MDT