Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » What does the TOS say about butt cracks? Okay, as long as the sphincter is not exposed? Just what are the rules on this one?

What does the TOS say about butt cracks? Okay, as long as the sphincter is not exposed? Just what are the rules on this one?

Posted - July 11, 2017

Responses

i have no idea
      July 11, 2017 11:55 AM MDT

• Lol..."sphincter"...that's a funny word :P

July 11, 2017 12:03 PM MDT

I dpubt it says anything.

The image is from an actual addvertisment (for humerous t-shirts)
      July 11, 2017 12:07 PM MDT

• It really really sucks that pics don't post any more.  
      July 11, 2017 12:28 PM MDT

• Yep, I've noticed that. This site needs some maintenance. 
      July 11, 2017 12:29 PM MDT

• Yes it does.  Between the Sammy questions and all the new glitches, I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth staying. 
      July 11, 2017 12:33 PM MDT

Whatza TOS? 
      July 11, 2017 12:26 PM MDT

• "terms of service"
      July 11, 2017 12:29 PM MDT

July 11, 2017 12:41 PM MDT

It really breaks my brain the way people have been approaching the TOS lately. And, it's not just you, this is a general observation. I am tired, and I am getting really frustrated, so I am going to be blunt.

Please do not approach the TOS with the goal of seeing how much you can do without violating it. (Again, not you, a general thing.) It does not address every possible scenario, nor do I think it should. We know the end goal, and that is to keep the main areas roughly PG-13 and generally non-sexual. This is why I keep telling everyone to use their best judgement. You guys know when something is questionable. If it's questionable, please don't post it. I don't like to moderate. I hate coming here and having to do it instead of interacting and having fun. I hate having to answer an endless slew of questions from people who intentionally posted something just to see if it would stick, then expecting me to justify why I pulled it. For Pete's sake. If you think it fits within the guidelines and expectations, post it. If not, don't. If you're wrong, the worst that would happen is that we remove it and tell you. Our goal is to preserve content and discussions, but none of this is life or death, yet ya'll are killing me with the constant harping on the rules.

You want to talk butt cracks? Let's talk but cracks. Maybe someone can make me a nice flow chart.

Is the image important/ relevant to your discussion? If not, don't post it.
    Is is sexual? If so, do not post it.
    Does it show undergarments? If so, do not post it.
    Is the butt showing? If so, do not post it.
    Does the image contain any other form of nudity? If so, do not post it.
    Will it cause you some form of emotional trauma to have your image removed? If so, don't post it.

Let's try this for the image posted with your question.

Is the image important/ relevant to your discussion? Yes.
    Is is sexual? No.
    Does it show undergarments? No.
    Is the butt showing? No.
    Does the image contain any other form of nudity? No.
    Will it cause you some form of emotional trauma to have your image removed? ???

So, on my end, it looks ok. But, if you think you'll face some form of emotional trauma if it's removed, you might want to avoid posting it.

July 11, 2017 2:20 PM MDT

Dubious assumptions like "PG13 is a valid quantifier".
    Or "sexual is bad" in the midst of a culture where "sexy is good". Would you want to explain the difference? I sure dont.
      July 12, 2017 4:20 AM MDT

I am simplifying what the TOS says for people in terms most would understand. The TOS actually spells it out in great detail. If you need help figuring out if something is ok, check there:
    https://answermug.com/help/terms

Or, look at the wording on the photo upload page: https://answermug.com/albums/upload

I use PG-13 as a general example because most people know what that entails. We allow kids ages 14 and up to join and they shouldn't be hit with sexual messages and vile language.

I never said "sexual" is bad. We have an adult section that younger Muggers can't get into and that the rest of us may opt into, if we want to see content like that. I'm not responsible for the whole of society, only for what happens here, and here, the goal is to segment the content, so it's appropriate for the audience.
      July 12, 2017 5:53 PM MDT