Active Now

Slartibartfast
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Are there any "normal" Millenials that aren't app programmers with beards and thick glasses?

Are there any "normal" Millenials that aren't app programmers with beards and thick glasses?

#BigQuestions

Posted - July 13, 2017

Responses

Hey, don't knock it. That's how my sister got a job. 
      July 13, 2017 5:26 AM MDT

I want to kill myself.
      July 13, 2017 7:03 AM MDT

Have you looked for a job at the local funeral home? They might give employee discounts. 
      July 13, 2017 7:06 AM MDT

I'm confused by your wording.

Do they have thick beards and glasses, those millenials, or do you mean there are no millenials WITH thick beards and glasses.

I don't get out much.

WHich is it?

July 13, 2017 8:04 AM MDT

One of the millennials in my family has a beard, but he's not a programmer and doesn't wear thick glasses.  He is a high school music teacher, directs the choir and they regularly do concerts at Carnegie Hall. 
      July 13, 2017 1:18 PM MDT

I do.  There are some who turned their back on all of the so-called Millennial crap.  I think Simon Sinek was right when he said (paraphrased) the pitiful trademarks of millennials (those are my words)  are results of ineffective parenting.   The further the stable and secure family falls from being the norm the more we will see society crumble.  I'm glad for the years I've been around.  I'm old enough to ignore a lot of what younger folks are and will continue to have to deal with. 
      July 13, 2017 1:28 PM MDT

I guess I'm an abnormal so-called millennial because first of all I see it as kind of a stupid term that's only used by the media and marketers.  The news media is just lame to begin with so that's probably why they have such a fascination with calling people Millennials, Baby Boomers or Gen Xers and then ascribing all sorts of things to them even though they probably don't even relate to most of those things.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm never going to grow a beard.  I don't wear glasses but if I did I probably would pick nerd glasses but I'm probably going to never be an app developer because as soon as something goes wrong with my computer or smartphone I give it to my hubby who's a so-called Gen Xer so he can fix it.

I just can't relate personally to a lot of those generational stereotypes.
      July 13, 2017 2:25 PM MDT

maybe
      July 13, 2017 2:45 PM MDT

Yes.

July 13, 2017 5:59 PM MDT

I aspire to be a normal millennial. But alas, I cannot grow a beard and my eyesight is perfect. Sigh. This post was edited by mk1217 at July 13, 2017 6:46 PM MDT
      July 13, 2017 6:41 PM MDT