Active Now

Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Games » Do those of you who hate political questions sit on the couch and do crossword puzzles every day instead? What isn't political these days?

Do those of you who hate political questions sit on the couch and do crossword puzzles every day instead? What isn't political these days?

Posted - July 15, 2017

Responses

Just because a person does not participate in political discourse on AnswerMug does not automatically mean she or he is uninvolved elsewhere, such as in real life. 

Alternatively, just because a person participates in political discourse on AnswerMug does not automatically mean she or he is involved elsewhere, such as in real life.

There is not a lot of full-time, intelligent, fact-based, fair, mature political discourse taking place on AnswerMug. By that, I mean that sometimes the most prolific participants engage in same, yet all too often, those same people also resort to a lot of immature,  childish, biased rumor-based name-calling and other such spouting off.  

"Hating political questions" is not a very accurate depiction of some people who abhor and avoid what takes place on AnswerMug, because a majority of those questions are tailor-made to draw out the worst in both proponents of the posts and the opponents of the posts. It's like posting about abortion, religion, atheism, illegal immigration, etc. It's practically guaranteed to start a fight. 

Not everyone is on AnswerMug to fight. 

~
      July 15, 2017 3:27 PM MDT

Read my blog.

I want your feedback.  Then I'll read this ... tirade.

There is not a lot of full-time, intelligent, fact-based, fair, mature political discourse taking place on AnswerMug. By that, I mean that sometimes the most prolific participants engage in same, yet all too often, those same people also resort to a lot of immature, childish, biased rumor-based name-calling and other such spouting off.

Oh reeeally?   

Tell me what subject on here is free of those icky things? This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 15, 2017 4:39 PM MDT
      July 15, 2017 3:36 PM MDT

First of all, how can you claim that you'll read what I've written only after I've read your blog, then you paste a cut-out section of what I've written as part of your response. That presupposes that you have read it, at least partially.

Secondly, how is it you refer to what I've written as being a "tirade"; yet more evidence that A) you have read it even though you intimate that you haven't, and B) you obviously disagree with it, or you wouldn't be calling it a tirade. C) is your blog also a tirade? Be fair.

As for which AnswerMug subject is free of the negatives which I enumerated, my response was in direct relation to your post; I answered in kind and stayed on topic. It's true that some or all or more of those negatives exist on other AnswerMug topics, yet they are particularly present in the political arena. Had the discussion been about AnswerMug in general, I still would have assigned specific unpleasantness to the majority of political traffic.

In conclusion, it's a bit ironic that you state a lack of interest in reading my response to a question that you posted, and in practically the same breath, you entreat me to read your blog. Dear, we both already know that we dwell on direct opposite poles of the political axis, and part of the reluctance you have toward reading or accepting what I've written above is that I do not fall to your feet and immediately agree with your perspective. Fine. You have accused me of hypocrisy before, so I ask you: is it not hypocritical to say you don't want to read what I've written yet you want me to read what you've written?
    ~

This post was edited by Randy D at July 16, 2017 4:02 PM MDT
      July 15, 2017 4:27 PM MDT

Well, I wrote that before. Then I came back and answered you. 

DUHHHHHH  I thought about it and then I wrote back.  Stop nit-picking already.

I just needed people to read my blog.  Don't you know me by now?

Tell the others.  I so seldom blog.  This is really newsworthy.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 15, 2017 5:33 PM MDT
      July 15, 2017 4:29 PM MDT

I know nothing about your blog or about any one else's blog. Crucify me if you wish, but I don't believe I've ever read a blog in my life, I don't know where yours is located and I will not even search for it. As such, I cannot and will not endorse it for others to read. I'm sorry if you do not like this response, it is the only one I can offer. 
    ~
      July 15, 2017 5:32 PM MDT

It's just a regular question, dummy.
      July 15, 2017 5:33 PM MDT

You two better calm down or I'm turning this site around.
      July 15, 2017 5:38 PM MDT

She's looking at me!

~
      July 15, 2017 6:00 PM MDT

How does referring to me as "dummy" either bolster your position, elevate the conversation or ingratiate you in any positive light? Earlier, I mentioned name-calling  as one of the negatives associated with the reasons that people shy away from joining in, well, I guess I don't have to make any of my own points if you're going to make them for me. 

You continually jump to defend the most denigrated poster of politic content on AnswerMug, even to the point of this question of yours, and when people don't fall in goose-step with you, you lash out at them.   Oh wait, so does she.   Hmmm, a pattern, I suppose. 

It's disappointing from an intelligent person such as you, Sharonna. Disappointing, but not new. 

This post was edited by Randy D at July 16, 2017 4:05 PM MDT
      July 15, 2017 5:57 PM MDT

Oh lighten the hell up already.   Stop looking for ways to be offended. You know I am kidding and yet you persist in trying to get riled.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 15, 2017 10:17 PM MDT
      July 15, 2017 5:59 PM MDT

This is rich. You get caught in your own petard, you lose the argument, so instead of exhibiting maturity, you revert to the tactics of a three-year-old, yell, "dummy" and run home with your tail between your legs, yet I'm supposedly "looking to be offended".  Calling offensive behavior offensive is not looking to be offended.
      July 15, 2017 10:21 PM MDT

RANDY?   What do you want?   This is overkill.  You are even copying words I use.  Petard this.   Next I am going to get a predictable reply about how you use that word all the time.  Blah blah blah....  Fine.  You use that word ALL the time.  Good for you.

Okay?

I don't CARE about this at all.  STOP ALREADY.  GOD.  If this is something you need to dump on me, take it to your wife, or Rosie.   I pity them both about right now.   Get a checkup.  I really think you are hormonal.

Touchy.  

I mean when can I not call you silly names?  Now you are OFFENDED?   Which personality am I addressing now?  Normal Randy or emotionally out of the box Randy?

Give me back the old one, please. 

First you go bonkers with 5,000 tilde questions, then Rosie makes you insanely infuriated where you used to just laugh or ignore her, now it is MY turn.

Granted I did go off on you about the tilde' thing.  But you handled that well.  I would be way madder at me for that, then this argument over WHAT?

Get some meds.  Please.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 15, 2017 11:14 PM MDT
      July 15, 2017 10:24 PM MDT

Much angrier, not way madder.
    ~
      July 15, 2017 11:13 PM MDT

OH HOW DARE YOU TELL ME WHAT TO SAY????

That is how you are acting about everything today.  Making mountains out of molehills.

Fine, Randall, MUCH ANGRIER.   YOU ARE RIGHT AGAIN.  RIGHT.  RIGHT. RIGHT.  How is that working for you?
      July 15, 2017 11:51 PM MDT

Where did you get the idea that I commanded you to do anything?  
    I haven't told you what to say, I merely pointed out the correct way it is said in proper English. I have no control over you or what you write. If you want to write it incorrectly, have yourself a field day. I will have my own field day pointing out the correction. 
    ~
      July 16, 2017 12:25 AM MDT

No I just dont pay attention to politics. We dont have cable, just internet.  Its a free country. I choose no politics. ;D
      July 15, 2017 3:29 PM MDT

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.... that is why you are not MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are SMART.  Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You are smart. I forgot.  Okay.  Screw the crosswords, lets get together and do some macaroni art.  So much more fun and laughs and worth our time.  YOU WIN.

July 15, 2017 3:38 PM MDT

I hate doing macaroni art. Lets just screw. I hear thats fun. ;D
      July 15, 2017 3:42 PM MDT

Not each other. 

Let's just try a nice collage then, dear.

July 15, 2017 4:00 PM MDT

Mom?
      July 15, 2017 4:05 PM MDT

Now that would be incest, dear.
      July 15, 2017 4:28 PM MDT

I wont take no for an answer, i incest.
      July 15, 2017 6:11 PM MDT

I am pretty much the same.  Just internet and I rarely even look at internet news sites.  
      July 15, 2017 4:29 PM MDT

Your brain is shrinking with every day that goes by without Donald.

July 15, 2017 4:32 PM MDT