Active Now

DannyPetti
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Games » Do those of you who hate political questions sit on the couch and do crossword puzzles every day instead? What isn't political these days?

Do those of you who hate political questions sit on the couch and do crossword puzzles every day instead? What isn't political these days?

Posted - July 15, 2017

Responses

It's is not the questions that I hate. It is that the askers never want to have a real discussion. They simply state their views and wait for like-minded people to agree with them. 
      July 15, 2017 5:00 PM MDT

Wow.  I never knew that, Jane.  Honestly.  You would think I would have digested that by now.  Well, that is good to hear.  And I think you give her as good as she gives everyone else.  It's funny as hell to me. 

She doesn't get much beyond what comes out of her head minute-by-minute, that woman.  I agree on that point.

July 15, 2017 5:17 PM MDT

Um. Sharonna. There's more than just one person posting political content and not allowing discussion. )There is one that is more prolific and the main issue there is that it drowns out other post and it's not always political). But for the rest of you, it's like you're just posting what you want people to think and taking umbrage if anyone doesn't 100% agree with your take on things.
      July 16, 2017 3:31 AM MDT

• It's more the overwhelming volume of the questions. It wouldn't be as bad if the poster didn't blast everyone who disagrees with their view of things. Insulting the ones who answer is not very mature, not is it conducive to general discussion. I'm also sadden when I'm on other sites and see the members from here who said that was the main reason they left. 
      July 15, 2017 5:31 PM MDT

Karen, a couple of weeks ago, I read an entire review webpage dedicated to complaints about AnswerMug. The majority of its reviews were posted within the past few months, and over half of them mentioned A) how distasteful they found the website due to the daily barrage of anti-Trump traffic that came from one particular member, that member's vemonous responses to those who have views that differ with hers hers/his, B) how it was high on the list of reasons that they left AnswerMug completely and deleted their accounts, and C) that they would not only refrain from recommending it as a good Q&A site, they would also actively suggest to other people that they should avoid it like the plague. 

~
      July 15, 2017 5:46 PM MDT

• This is what it's come to. I'm on two other sites and quite a few ex-members have stated that's why they left. They have also commented about the uneven moderation and how the ToS don't seem to apply evenly across the board. When the other sites closed and everyone migrated here, the place was really hopping, now, not so much. Most were ran off due to not really feeling welcome, and some just didn't like the layout. Not a lot was done to retain any members and we are pretty much back to where we started, a small base of regulars. I agree about not recommending this place to friends, it's a bit toxic sometimes. 
      July 15, 2017 5:55 PM MDT

That freedom of speech excuse gets lame after a while. Maybe Spamella's a long lost relative or is living in the dumpster at McDonald's to take advantage of free wifi and this is her only contact with reality. Or maybe the powers that be just don't care if the site tanks.
      July 15, 2017 6:19 PM MDT

• The way I see it,  something should have already been done. 
      July 15, 2017 8:57 PM MDT

WOW!. I just did a search and it seems you are right. Some also complain about a lot of adult inuendos (Correct it Randy D) and and such in the main areas. Didge had complained about that before he left.
    https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.answermug.com

https://answermug.pissedconsumer.com/
      July 15, 2017 6:04 PM MDT

He complained about everything because he has issues.  They have nothing to do with anyone or anything but the man in the mirror.

INNUENDOS.  We are adults here.  This is a site where thoughts come out.  We, most of us, have a sense of humor.   You see worse things on Television than ever is heard or seen on this site.

So, don't even try that.   It is just right-wingers trying to control freedom of speech because THEY don't care for the tone.   We don't censor innuendo.  We don't censor TONE.

July 15, 2017 10:53 PM MDT

They.  WOW. How many members were there?  A whole 10 or 20?  I doubt if there were that many since there are not that many now.

This is such nonsense. You know how many people claimed they quit because they don't like Just Asking? Just Ask Her.  You cannot put any weight on gossiping bores who have nothing to do but talk against a site they no longer frequent.

July 15, 2017 7:15 PM MDT

As I said, a significant percentage of the complaints were about your beloved Trump-bashing and its purveyors, I did not say it was the only thing about which complaints were lodged.
    ~
      July 15, 2017 10:30 PM MDT

Randy, why do you persist in this nonsense?  I DO NOT care what other people who have left this site think.  Or do you read anything I say?

I DO NOT CARE one iota.   It is so petty and stupid, it is not to be given one drop of consideration.  If JA doesn't lose sleep over it, why would I?

This is not a popularity contest.  I am not into this for love or money.   I just feel like talking.  If other people don't like it, then why do I always have a ton of people talking to me?

That is all that matters to me. Answers to my thoughts.  Not how many people think I am so wonderful.  When they stop answering me, I will stop writing.

Till then?  I think you need to focus on you and not everyone else you keep trying to point the finger at.  Not me, Not TRUMP, and certainly not a poor old lady who is not that infuriating.  You just found someone weaker than you to pick on.

That is ALL this is.  She cannot debate you and you are bullying her about it.   I see you are not driven away from this site because of her.  You seem to feed off her. 
      July 15, 2017 10:48 PM MDT

As long as we're counting numbers of people who share a particular viewpoint, let's see what the tally is for your Trump fetish: two. 
    ~
      July 15, 2017 10:36 PM MDT

You are just not going to shut it, are you?

GOD. 
      July 15, 2017 10:42 PM MDT

If Rosie can keep someone off here, then I'M SORRY, but those people have GOT to GO.

I hate it worse when someone tries and lord their existence on here and threaten to leave.

GET THE F OUT then.  Don't bore me with that nonsense.  I KNOW they are always looking for a way to complain.  Rosie just gives them a great excuse.

If it wasn't her, then it would be the Bible Thumpers or the trolls or some such.

You are either here or you are not.  Members don't cause people to leave unless they are so darned boring no one wants to talk to them.

Rosie is bizarre, but she is hardly boring.  BIZ ARREEE.

And all those people who leave?  Then they come back over and over.  So, who cares what they do?

July 15, 2017 7:12 PM MDT

That may be true, but it's interesting to note what the original owner of the site said in the blog about moderation: 

"As far as conservative/liberal, I love questions regarding politics and religion as long as they are asked in a way that allows discussion and not simply promoting the ideas of the asker."

And the current owner of the site wholeheartedly agreed. 
      July 15, 2017 7:39 PM MDT

The original owner of this site was Wey.  I don't think Wey ever spoke like that.  Maybe we know two different people.

Wey?  Okay. 
      July 15, 2017 7:46 PM MDT

July 15, 2017 7:59 PM MDT

Oh God. Do I HAVE to?

I never read any of that stuff.  EVER.  Just give me the details, I trust you. 
      July 15, 2017 10:25 PM MDT

(This from the woman who wants people to read her blog, and tried in vain to recruit ME into promoting it.)

:[
      July 15, 2017 10:33 PM MDT

Oh yes, Randy.  I was so serious about that.  I could care less if you ever read anything.  Don't flatter yourself.  PLEASE tell me you are trying to be FUNNY?

July 15, 2017 10:58 PM MDT

Seems there was a time not too long ago when the owners of the site acknowledged a difference between political questions and opinions masquerading as questions, and were prepared to moderate accordingly. But obviously that hasn't happened. The asker is simply "promoting ideas" unchecked on a daily basis. 
      July 15, 2017 10:48 PM MDT

• That was him.  
      July 15, 2017 8:53 PM MDT

• I did say some left for other reasons.  At least five have left over the last couple of months because this is not the most fun site to be on because of a certain member.  That a sad state for this site to be in is supposed to be all about mutual respect and Kum Ba Ya, but it's not. One member is allowed to attack anyone who doesn't agree with her and get away with it.  How is that fair to all? It doesn't present a very good face to members.  You can't tell me that you think it's OK for one member to ruin rough shod over the other members.  
      July 15, 2017 9:04 PM MDT