Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Is marriage an outdated concept? Why or why not?

Is marriage an outdated concept? Why or why not?

Posted - July 22, 2017

Responses

Aww tough one... I wouldn't ever marry again.. or I don't think I would.. when i was with my last bf we talked about that.. he said he would never marry again and I said I wouldnt.. but I did always think that even though I wouldnt want to marry again, I WOULD love it if he asked me... just because, I guess, I would feel that he truly loved me enough to do something he said he never would.. So it would mean a lot that he asked even if we didn't actually marry.. 

I do believe in love... I always will, I love love, I love people who are in love, nothing makes me melt more than a man saying how much he loves his partner/wife.. and I understand that marriage was partly about making that extra commitment.. but I think I truly don't think that in this day and age it is necessary.. You don't need a ceremony to commit, you don't need to spend thousands... 

And as for kids.. well I think as long as their parents are happy and love each other then it really doesn't matter to them if they are married or not.
      July 22, 2017 3:20 PM MDT

it might be to some people
      July 22, 2017 3:26 PM MDT

Heck no...tax break. Pat claims nothing...we file jointly and pay less tax.
      July 22, 2017 5:58 PM MDT

That's the spirit! Thanks for restoring my faith in love, E. :p
      July 22, 2017 6:08 PM MDT

Love you too?
      July 22, 2017 6:19 PM MDT

lol Love you too. 

July 22, 2017 6:28 PM MDT

Love both of you.  

July 22, 2017 6:31 PM MDT