Active Now

Slartibartfast
my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Whom did you love most at school?

Whom did you love most at school?

In my case it was my junior school headmistress, Sister Ann. She was so free with her hugs even with the seniors.
Though herself a nun, she was all for us settling in happy marrages. After my parents she was my closest friend and confidante right into adulthood (late 30s). Dementia claimed her three years ago, her mind deteriorated, and she passed away peacefully last month. 

Posted - July 22, 2017

Responses

From seventh through ninth grades - - I won't mention his name. i think he was my first love. But how could that be? I never told him, though we were friends.
      July 22, 2017 6:39 PM MDT

• Not love but respect. My senior social studies teacher Mr. Roberts.  He once returned a paper to me with a comment along the lines of, "You may get away with this  with other teachers, but not me,"  And he was quite right.  I had developed some skill at ambiguous writing.  Seeming to know what I was talking about but not really knowing.  This would allow me time to go back to the books and prepare a verbal defense.   Were all teachers like this educational standards would much improve.  
      July 22, 2017 6:40 PM MDT

some of my teachers
      July 23, 2017 5:51 PM MDT