Discussion » Questions » Education » What was the most serious accident you had at school?

What was the most serious accident you had at school?

I badly singed my forearm over a Bunsen flame. A faint scar is still visible. 

Posted - July 22, 2017

Responses

I guess that time in ROTC where I tripped and tumbled as we were running. I scraped up my knees pretty bad, but I just got back up and continued as if it didn't happen. It was quite embarrassing, but not all that serious.
      July 22, 2017 7:35 PM MDT

Nothing much.

I fell off the monkey bars in kidnergarten and I also got hit in the eye with a badminton bird in high school.

Not too much damage to speak of.

July 22, 2017 7:51 PM MDT

Hmm... When I was a kid, the cool kids climbed on top of the monkey bars and sat. I didn't have the arm strength to get myself up there, so I practiced a lot on the weekends. One day, I got myself up, and I was sooo excited. I sat up there for a few minutes as Queen of the World. But, when I decided to climb back down again, I slipped, and nailed the bottom of my chin on one of the bars as I fell. I probably should have gotten stitches for it. There was blood everywhere, but I was alone and a ways from home. It hurt a lot. I remember that. I remember walking my bike home because I couldn't ride it. And, I remember coming home to an empty house. :/ *sniffle* I still have the scar from that.

During school hours, I put a staple through my hand once. That was far less traumatic, but I remember the school secretary and principal freaking out and the principal using pliers to pull it. 
      July 22, 2017 8:33 PM MDT

I got my finger caught in a fence they lock up at night. It was open and as I ran past it reached out and grabbed me. Ripped some skin off and there was blood all over, but I survived.
      July 23, 2017 9:52 AM MDT

I was probably 5 or 6 and I accidently dumped a  bottle of finger nail polish remover down my gullet somehow. I remember they made me drink a bunch of water and they called the poison line but I never really got sick. This post was edited by Paynuts at July 23, 2017 10:44 AM MDT
      July 23, 2017 10:18 AM MDT

I didn't get hurt, but I caused some injuries to others. We were playing softball in PE class and I was up to bat. Due to a combination of people standing too close and my letting go of the bat rather forcefully, the bat landed across the faces of three my classmates. Only one has a permanent scar, the other two just had bruises. It was the last time I played softball.
      July 23, 2017 10:34 AM MDT

Jane, that could have been me.  I used to throw the bat and couldn't seem to focus enough to remember not to do it because I was so focused on hitting the ball.

I got an F for the whole semester of high school gym.  I remember that part. 
      July 23, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

when i was walking home from school one time some bully threw a rock at me and it landed near my eye, i had to go get stiches
      July 23, 2017 5:41 PM MDT