Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » If you were having an affair, would you secretly meet him/her at a meat shop?

If you were having an affair, would you secretly meet him/her at a meat shop?

Posted - July 23, 2017

Responses

• Anywhere except the fish department. 

July 23, 2017 8:19 AM MDT

This is an "Askers Choice" if ever there was one!
      July 23, 2017 8:21 AM MDT

Sadly, at this point in my life, I'd even meet him in Tully's Fish dept.  The fish issue would be the guy's problem to cope with, not mine. 
      July 23, 2017 8:23 AM MDT

• I'm game, it could be worse :-/

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 23, 2017 12:12 PM MDT
      July 23, 2017 8:35 AM MDT

Mmmm. Trout.
      July 23, 2017 8:45 AM MDT

•   July 23, 2017 8:24 AM MDT

Lips that touch meat shall never touch mine.

(I made that up)
      July 23, 2017 8:26 AM MDT

I guess that hot date is out of the question.
      July 23, 2017 8:28 AM MDT

I'll make you a meat baby. 

July 23, 2017 8:29 AM MDT

• YUMMY!
      July 23, 2017 8:29 AM MDT

Tully,

Too bad living creatures had to be slaughtered for this yummy.
      July 23, 2017 8:38 AM MDT

Was Jesus a vegetarian?
      July 23, 2017 8:46 AM MDT

Good question.  I have no idea.  ASK IT.

I'm sure you will get reams of bible quotes.

He that eateth the fish shall reincarnate as a gay woman or something like that.

I know Satya Sai Baba does not touch meat.  Or harm anything.  I doubt if Jesus killed anything.   I don't know if he followed the customs of the day.  Maybe then it was not so bad since you simply drew a knife across the creature's throat, rather than keeping it hostage for years in a filthy slaughterhouse doomed to die in fear and terror.

You know?  Death isn't the biggie, its torture that is the biggie.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 23, 2017 12:12 PM MDT
      July 23, 2017 8:49 AM MDT

Poof!  He could materialize one any time he wanted.  He had super powers. 
      July 23, 2017 8:54 AM MDT

Oh no.  WW.  I hope you are ready for it.

I really love Jesus.  I love Jesus.  He is God.  That said, I hope God has a good sense of humor.

July 23, 2017 9:27 AM MDT

Why didn't turn the Romans into fish and toss them into the sea?
      July 23, 2017 9:24 AM MDT

Why do human beings always revert to that kind of argument.  You know.  Well, if GOD is real then why doesn't He do such and such.

Like the human being has all the answers.  It's like when your 6 year old asks the same kind of thing.

God has reasons beyond anything we can ever hope to imagine. 

That's why.   Our physical brains are finite and we cannot possibly comprehend the meaning of why the Romans even came into being in the first place or Trump for that matter.

In the end, the lessons learned are the lessons learned.   Here is a typical discourse with Sai Baba and an interested seeker.

Do I have to reach God?

Sai: All creatures have to reach God. (4) It is the destiny of man to jour­ney from human-ness to divinity, as he has already journeyed from animal-ness. (5) Some may ascend a plane, others may travel by car or board a bus, some may prefer a train journey, others may like to trudge along – but all must reach the goal, some day or other. (6)

Q: But, Swami, where will I find Him?

Sai: [The] Divine Principle is the very core of man. ... It is the source of strength which is unfailing and ir­resistible. ... The Divine is here before you, behind you, inside you, outside you; the Intelligence through which you can recognize. (7)

Q: I'm sure I could find God if I lived here at Prasanthi Nilayam, with You.

Sai: The community in which you find yourself is the arena where you can win the victory, the gymnasium where you develop the skill to win. (8)

Q: But why must I stay in such an unhappy world, where I too am un­happy?

Sai: You [learn] by the experience of the buffeting of the World. The World is a very essential part of the curricu­lum of man. (9)
    The ... world is like a hotel to which we have come to experience the consequences of our actions in the past. The body is a room in the hotel in which we have to undergo the Karmic consequences. (10)

Q: When I am home, many things distract me. I don't often think of finding God.

Sai: Without trying to discover the Di­vinity that is in the human form, people are wasting their lives. If you examine the great scriptures of the world, you will find that they all emphasize the supreme precious­ness of being able to discover one's Divine nature, without which one cannot achieve real bliss. Man seeks worldly pleasures and pros­perity but does not seek that inner Divinity which will give him perma­nent happiness. (11)

Q: But, Swami, isn't it a long way?

Sai: You have got to go a long way. But do not be down-hearted. (12) I have come to guide [you]. (13) I am ... ready to help you from the first lesson to the last. (14) This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 23, 2017 9:34 AM MDT
      July 23, 2017 9:29 AM MDT

Okay guys, I know that this isn't the religion section and I wasn't invited, buttttt, that comment (Why didn't turn the Romans into fish and toss them into the sea?) made me think of Jesus' words to Peter:
    (Matthew 26:53, 54) Or do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father to supply me at this moment more than 12 legions of angels? 54 In that case, how would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must take place this way?”

July 23, 2017 4:58 PM MDT

Hey...I enjoy a good ham and cheese sandwich once in a while. Most modern Jews don't follow  all of the dietary restrictions. Passover that lobster, please. (A bit of a pun.)
      July 23, 2017 9:21 AM MDT

LOL.  I luvs me some jumbo shrimp!  Hey, do  I have to wait until Passover Seder for you to invite me fishing?  I think I've been very clear I love to fish.  We need to get us some white fish because I won't eat that crap in a jar Gefilte fish.  Bleah.
      July 23, 2017 12:16 PM MDT

I love smoked whitefish.
      July 24, 2017 11:10 AM MDT

• The Bear did it :( I don't eat fish, only those little McDonald ones. They're not even real fish. 

July 23, 2017 8:52 AM MDT

Of course they are real fish.  I eat them all the time.  Don't tell God though.
      July 23, 2017 8:55 AM MDT

Where the meat?

July 23, 2017 8:56 AM MDT