Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Question Challenge 2

Question Challenge 2

Ok, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages... we're bringing back question challenges. Here's how it works:

1) The first person to respond to this must assign me a topic. Please keep your topics within the site's TOS. It is my job to ask 5 questions on whatever topic you give me. You can assign topics you think are funny, things you think are bizarre, things you've always wanted to know about, things you think other members will enjoy, or just pick a random object that's in your view. Previous topics have included things like sandwiches, log cabins, frogs, dental floss, relationships, pregnancy, etc. We just ran this via email with a small group and some of the topics were flirting, dark matter, and port-a-potties. Be creative and have fun. 

2) If you assign a topic, you have to accept one. Anyone can pop onto this thread and give you a topic. They'll follow suit, just like you did, and post as a reply to you giving the assignment. You  must ask 5 questions about whatever topic you're given. Please try to complete your challenge within 24 hours of being assigned. 

Additional Notes:

-Each person can be assigned only one topic at a time.

-When you complete your challenge, you can choose to return to this thread and assign a topic to someone again and receive a new challenge. There is no specific order people need to go in and you don't need to worry about when others finish.

-When we've done this in groups before, it has become chaotic because people didn't always know who was addressing who. By moving it to statements, it will tag your comments with whoever you're responding to, but it doesn't hurt to use the person's name for the sake of clarity. Also, this section shows 50 responses per page. I suspect this will span several pages by the time it fizzles out, so if you come on and want to assign/ receive a topic, be sure to check for page numbers and go to the last page. You'll be assigning a topic to the last person who assigned one. 

Let the games begin...

Posted - July 23, 2017

Responses

The topic is gross things!

July 23, 2017 1:01 PM MDT

Thank you! I did mine already and I think someone will pop over and assign you a topic soon. :) I'll jump back in after others have gone. 
      July 23, 2017 1:34 PM MDT

I did! I gave you one in the email- yours was Super Heroes!
      July 23, 2017 1:41 PM MDT

Ok. Livvie your topic is pets.
      July 23, 2017 4:04 PM MDT

• Oh! Oh! Oh!  Can I have this assignment? 

lol
      July 23, 2017 4:21 PM MDT

• OK...here I am... Hit me hard. I can take it.
      July 23, 2017 4:23 PM MDT

I hereby grant the goat the topic:  Life after 50
      July 23, 2017 4:34 PM MDT

lol You guys got out of order.
    M2C gave Livvie a topic, so she was supposed to get the next topic. But, LyricalOne gave it to GJ. Umm.... How about this... 

Livvie keeps pets
    M2C gets "bad habits"
    JG gets Life after 50
    Lyrical: To be assigned by the next poster.
      July 23, 2017 4:42 PM MDT

This is giving me a headache.
      July 23, 2017 4:47 PM MDT

lol I blame GJ. He came in and asked for a topic, but he didn't give one. We're back on track now. Neelie gave you one below. :)
      July 23, 2017 4:53 PM MDT

• Oh...darn it...I hate a brain fart..

Ok..here's a topic:

Family Get Togethers
      July 23, 2017 4:59 PM MDT

You didn't tag someone with the topic Family Get Togethers so it's an orphan topic until you assign it to someone unless I'm missing something here.
      July 23, 2017 7:44 PM MDT

The topic is supposed to get assigned to the last person who assigned one. As of right now, that's Neelie on the next page: https://answermug.com/forums/topic/34833/question-challenge-2#siteforum_post_312335 You'll have to comment on her or give it as an answer and mention her name or it'll get really confusing having new challenges appear in the middle of the thread. 
      July 23, 2017 8:56 PM MDT

• LOL Well I'm already off to a glowing start!
      July 23, 2017 4:58 PM MDT

• I'm playing this for the first time, so I presume I set a topic for LyricalOne, am I correct? 
    Very well, LyricalOne your topic is Exhaustion
      July 23, 2017 4:51 PM MDT

Perfect! I think others are heading over here as well, so you should have a topic soon, too. :)
      July 23, 2017 4:54 PM MDT

• Do all my questions have to be in the same category, or can I spread them over more than one? 
      July 23, 2017 5:03 PM MDT

Nice. I can certainly work with that.
      July 23, 2017 4:57 PM MDT

• So will now be setting five questions on Exhaustion? 
      July 23, 2017 5:01 PM MDT

Wow, this pressure is really exhausting.
      July 23, 2017 5:03 PM MDT

Neelie, we're waiting on another player to come in and assign a topic to you. It may not happen right away because people are trickling in, but I think within the next couple of hours, someone will pop on and assign you one- that's half the fun- you have no idea what you're going to get!

When that person comes on and gives you a topic, then you'll ask. And, you can put the questions anywhere you want. If, for example, you want some of yours to go in adultMug, you can do that. If they're all ok to be in the main section, you can put them anywhere you want in there- wherever it makes sense.
      July 23, 2017 5:08 PM MDT

Oops. Livvie was posting at the same time as me, so Neelie, you have footwear, and someone else will need to come in and give Livvie a new topic.

It will make more sense after you've done it a time or two. Most people here haven't played before, so you're all getting your sea legs. :)
      July 23, 2017 5:10 PM MDT

• ThanksJA. I think I get the gist. How strict is the 24 hour time limit? 
      July 23, 2017 5:15 PM MDT

Neelie, the time limit is not strict at all. This game is just for fun. It's nice to keep things flowing, but jump in where you can- no pressure. :)
      July 23, 2017 6:08 PM MDT